Can't get CD drive to work...won't open

My CD/DVD drive isn't working. I push the button to open it, but it stays
closed. The light stays on continusly, as if there's a CD already in it. I
opened it up manually and put in a CD, (but i have to push it in myself), and
it still doesen't play the CD!

Could someone please help me? I'm gettin' so frustrated....

TY
Tina

TeanaMarie wrote:
> My CD/DVD drive isn't working. I push the button to open it, but it
> stays closed. The light stays on continusly, as if there's a CD
> already in it. I opened it up manually and put in a CD, (but i have
> to push it in myself), and it still doesen't play the CD!

First.. Turn off the computer.
Turn on your computer.. Either get into the BIOS (Usually DEL or F1 or F2
during POST-Boot or before Windows starts loading) or during the Windows
boot, see if the CD drive reacts normally to pressing the button to eject.

If it does not - This could be a defective piece of hardware. Either use
your warranty and replace it or buy a new one for $15-$60 (depending on
features and speed) elsewhere and replace it.

--
<- Shenan ->