DirectX9.0c Problems

Whoever can help,

O.K guys and gals I'm completely computer illiterate here. I am having
problems downloading DirectX 9.0c. The game I play,Starwars Galaxies,
now requires it to play further. I seem to have no problem downloading
it. My problem is when you install it. I get the message," DirectX did
not copy a required file." It also stops at a file called amstream.dll.
I have also gotten the message, "A cabinet file necessary for
installation cannot be trusted." I have gotten past that set back
though. BTW I currently have SVC Pac 1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Easu

--
Easu
1 answer Last reply

    Follow steps #2 through #5 on this link:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/819696.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]

    "Easu" <Easu.1jk0dn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > Whoever can help,
    >
    > O.K guys and gals I'm completely computer illiterate here. I am having
    > problems downloading DirectX 9.0c. The game I play,Starwars Galaxies,
    > now requires it to play further. I seem to have no problem downloading
    > it. My problem is when you install it. I get the message," DirectX did
    > not copy a required file." It also stops at a file called amstream.dll.
    > I have also gotten the message, "A cabinet file necessary for
    > installation cannot be trusted." I have gotten past that set back
    > though. BTW I currently have SVC Pac 1.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    >
    > Easu
    >

    > --