Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Can I get in Trouble

Last response: in Video Games
December 5, 2011 9:20:16 PM

I Live in Australia and i used a USA proxy to buy Star-wars The old Republic, and i am considering doing that to buy all my games from now on cause it's cheaper, how much trouble could i get in??? or would they just delete my account/ban it????

More about : trouble

Best solution

December 5, 2011 10:54:54 PM

CulabunT said:
I Live in Australia and i used a USA proxy to buy Star-wars The old Republic, and i am considering doing that to buy all my games from now on cause it's cheaper, how much trouble could i get in??? or would they just delete my account/ban it????

Legal trouble?

Zero.

As far as deleting your account and or banning it. That would depend on EA and how well they plan on monitoring the incoming IPs to make sure they are within internally approved guidelines.

if you play it through a proxy then I doubt anything will happen other than high amounts of lag.

You lose any kind of leverage asking for assistance with the game though by spoofing your whereabouts and you may be unable to pay for the monthly subscription without a US based address and credit card from an authorized institution.

That being said, I hope it actually works out for you and good luck.
December 6, 2011 7:37:07 AM

I'd rather keep away from buying over proxy's if I was you. EA wouldn't normally ban or lock your account, but they can easily refuse any kind of support to your account if they detect this. It's happened with a few guys here in South Africa who used UK accounts to get what they want (not only because of price, but also because of availability). It all depends on the publishers though, and I'd think it's a good idea to contact them and ask them, obviously using a smurf email address to not risk your account.
Score
Related resources
January 22, 2012 3:34:43 PM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
Score
January 22, 2012 3:34:46 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!