EQ2: Some servers are back up

Pamela Carlton <lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote:
> They have a few servers back up, the link below is to the forums so you can
> check there if you don't want to go through the process of patching.
>
> http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=news_announcements&message.id=37&page=2
>
> With the remaining servers, it is interesting to note that they are speaking
> to hardware vendors about them =)

I don't expect that it was hardware that affected all servers. More
likely is that it was a common piece of hardware, perhaps supporting a
central database, a load balancer, router or other such common piece of
equipment. I am curious as to know what exactly happened.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Pamela Carlton wrote:
> They have a few servers back up, the link below is to the forums so you can
> check there if you don't want to go through the process of patching.
>
> http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=news_announcements&message.id=37&page=2
>
> With the remaining servers, it is interesting to note that they are speaking
> to hardware vendors about them =)

Lavastorm just went down again, and more worryingly when I was ejected
to the character login screen with the message Server Down, my character
was displayed as a level below the one I just reached :-|

--
Michael Greenhalgh
---

EverQuest 2:
Miglok | Half-Elf Predator | Lavastorm

City of Heroes:
Shadow Ranger | Mutation Scrapper | Virtue
---