EQ2: Some servers are back up

They have a few servers back up, the link below is to the forums so you can
check there if you don't want to go through the process of patching.

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=news_announcements&message.id=37&page=2

With the remaining servers, it is interesting to note that they are speaking
to hardware vendors about them =)
2 answers Last reply
More about servers back

    Pamela Carlton <lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote:
    > They have a few servers back up, the link below is to the forums so you can
    > check there if you don't want to go through the process of patching.
    >
    > http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=news_announcements&message.id=37&page=2
    >
    > With the remaining servers, it is interesting to note that they are speaking
    > to hardware vendors about them =)

    I don't expect that it was hardware that affected all servers. More
    likely is that it was a common piece of hardware, perhaps supporting a
    central database, a load balancer, router or other such common piece of
    equipment. I am curious as to know what exactly happened.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse

    Pamela Carlton wrote:
    > They have a few servers back up, the link below is to the forums so you can
    > check there if you don't want to go through the process of patching.
    >
    > http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=news_announcements&message.id=37&page=2
    >
    > With the remaining servers, it is interesting to note that they are speaking
    > to hardware vendors about them =)

    Lavastorm just went down again, and more worryingly when I was ejected
    to the character login screen with the message Server Down, my character
    was displayed as a level below the one I just reached :-|

    --
    Michael Greenhalgh
    ---

    EverQuest 2:
    Miglok | Half-Elf Predator | Lavastorm

    City of Heroes:
    Shadow Ranger | Mutation Scrapper | Virtue
    ---

Hardware Games Servers Video Games