i am trying to free up some space and have found old
windows files still on my computer but they aren't listed
in the uninstall program.
one is called "red alert windows 95" 32 mb
windows NT (i'm not on a network) 3 mb
and windows 98 33mb
At least red alert, won't allow me to delete it.
Does XP home edition leave things on from previous
programs that it needs?
Why when i go to uninstall are there so few things listed,
but when i "explore" there are tons of stuff that are of
questionable value?
Thanks

"stephaneich" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i am trying to free up some space and have found old
>windows files still on my computer but they aren't listed
>in the uninstall program.
>one is called "red alert windows 95" 32 mb
>windows NT (i'm not on a network) 3 mb
>and windows 98 33mb
>At least red alert, won't allow me to delete it.
>Does XP home edition leave things on from previous
>programs that it needs?
>Why when i go to uninstall are there so few things listed,
>but when i "explore" there are tons of stuff that are of
>questionable value?

The applications may not come with an uninstall tool or the uninstall
information may have been lost. Delete the files of an unwanted
application and then scan the Registry for the name of the program or
the old install folder to find and delete leftovers from here. You can
also use software like the jv16 Power Tools
(http://www.macecraft.com/) for to clear up the Registry.

--
(tm)