6_5x47lapua

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
agreed... it kinda helps to know what you want to do...
its like posting, how do i fix my car?

flashing ti is very dangerous, i would not recommend.

other than that, you could make a rapid fire controller, liquid cooled, lighting... what ever pleases your fancy.

Delengowski

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
I don't understand why anyone would liquid cool their 360, I mean guess if the sound is that annoying to you, but wouldn't it be easier just to get a big hard drive and download all your games to it?

Edit: even downloading all your games to your hard drive, will make it run cooler

6_5x47lapua

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
plus the neatness factor goes way up. making a WC loop is tricky because not many companies make waterblocks for 360s, in fact they would probably need to be custom made.

take it apart and submerge it all in mineral oil in a fish tank, except the hdd and drive. dead quiet, you probably don't even need to cool the oil since 360s run fairly cool in the first place.

robthatguyx

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
i was thinking of doing a 360 submerged mod but its not worth it even tho i have an extra one, i just dontplay eneough anymore to enjoy it. i did have it setup tho with aritic silver 5 two windows a thermaltake 120mm on the top and the metal in the grate cut for better airflow,never gave me even one heat issue

6_5x47lapua

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
i will probably do it too my ps3 once its replacement comes out (ps4 or whatever it may be). i transport my ps3 back and forth to friend's houses and such also, so it would not be practical for me right now. when it is obsolete I will do it for the heck of it.

6_5x47lapua

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
i know, thats the thing that makes PC gaming so great is that everyone is running something different. xbox & ps3 are all generally the same, slight model change here and there. i believe that is also why console gamers stride to mod their systems- to make them stand out from the field of black ps3s. be it painting a controller or dunking it in oil.

Delengowski

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011

The only reason to mod your xbox is dick swing when your friends come over...

6_5x47lapua

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
O cant believe i forgot to bring this up before, probably one of the only useful "mods" you can do. not really a mod, but its definitely modifying something. a friend showed me that if you set your primary and secondary DNS settings to a certain number, it will deny all updates to the firmware, and games. useful if you find a glitch (if ur into that kind of thing) because you can keep it from being patched over. also for if you jailbreak a ps3 using Custom Firmware, whenever the next update comes out you don't have to re-jailbreak. you can still play online even with outdated FW.

i have it written down some where, ill post. Disclaimer: i will not be held responsible for you using this as im pretty sure sony will not like you very much. lol

6_5x47lapua

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Primary/Secondary DNS set to 67.202.81.137.

is that possible? meaning hacking into a lobby or hacking your own? that would be pretty ballin to get into a xbox lobby on a pc :)

i know you can play on private servers like this: http://epcgaming.com/v2.5/ is this what you mean?