siranthony

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
Hi all,
I take back my earlier complaints with the dragon+. I had an issue with my SB PCI 128 causing problems. I finally figured out that the onboard sound has an attachment to give me 4 speaker sound and SPDIF in and outs. I don't know what the SPDIF is for but I'm very happy with the 4 speaker sound. It sounds great. It never did work right with the SB card. I think the SB drivers were intentionally left crippled so people would go with the Live card. Anyone know what SPDIF is for?
Also I spent today setting up the on board raid. Had to buy another hard drive but it was worth it. My raid is fast.
You cant beat this board. I paid $159 at frys but with on board RAID, 4 speak sound and SPDIF, LAN, plus some kind of smart card reader thingy (anyone know what that is?). I'm pretty happy.

Sir.Anthony

Negaverse23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
SPDIF = Sony/Philips Digital InterFace
Can be used to hook up to a audio receiver's digital input connection.

__
<font color=blue>My hammer has a bigger Hammer than your hammer.</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
SP-DIF is know in the hi-fi world as Digital Coaxial, and if you mention SP-DIF in one of those stores they claim ignorance, then tell you your mistaken.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?