Motorola v710 - Request Comments

Someone

My "New Every 2" date is coming up and I'm looking hard at the v710. Does
anyone have any comments about this phone that might help with the
selection?

I would be a heavy MP3 player, Mobile Web 2, and BlueTooth <--> my Dell
Axim Pocket PC PDA. Not real big on camera, but would use it a dozen time
a month or so -- maybe.

Happy Holidays everyone!

someone@nowhere.com wrote:
> My "New Every 2" date is coming up and I'm looking hard at the v710.
Does
> anyone have any comments about this phone that might help with the
> selection?
>
> I would be a heavy MP3 player, Mobile Web 2, and BlueTooth <--> my
Dell
> Axim Pocket PC PDA. Not real big on camera, but would use it a dozen
time
> a month or so -- maybe.
>
> Happy Holidays everyone!

Very Very nice phone photo quality on phone not so great, photo quality
once copied to comp very nice. need to play with the settings a little,
video is nice to. Bluetooth dialup works very nice with my axim X30
mid, waiting for the update to come to local store now that it has been
released, to be able to use the obex bt to transfer phone and calendar
from axim to phone. then It will be greatest phone verizon has, only
thing i could have wished for is that verizon would have the rights to
the razor v3 and have bt working fully. but bt is on its way. v3 will
never happen, that has the rights sold to cingular and att just like
v710 has rights sold to verizon. Other then that if u have an axim get
it. its great.

someone@nowhere.com wrote in news:Earzd.15786$rL3.14407@trnddc03:
> I would be a heavy MP3 player, Mobile Web 2, and BlueTooth <--> my
> Dell Axim Pocket PC PDA. Not real big on camera, but would use it
> a dozen time a month or so -- maybe.

My daughter has this phone. She doesn't use the BT or Mobile Web, but
she seems to love the mp3 feature. The transflash card is not included,
so you'll have to get it separately; we got a 128mb w/adapter on ebay
for about $25.

The pictures displayed on her computer are nice, but the display on the
phone itself is dull, especially compared to my other daughter's
CDM9900.

The removable card is what attracted her to the phone, so the new
regional upgrade that'll brighten the screen but partially disable the
transflash is very disappointing.

It would be a great phone if Verizon coould get the software issues
worked out. I am on my 3rd one. The first one the camera lens was miss
aligned. The second one kept locking up. The only way I could get it
to work again was to remove the battery and put it back in. Doing this
every other day got annoying. The one I have now screws up every once
in a while. I talke to Verizon about it and was told it was a software
issue. When it happens turn the phone off and leave it off for a while
and do not charge the phone with the phone on. The problems are less
freaquent following Verizons recommendations. They offered to send me
another v710 but said it is likely to have the same problem. From what
I have read on a couple of internet sites the v710 that Verizon is now
shipping has a new software version.

The bottom line: The phone is great when it is working correctly

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 04:33:40 GMT, someone@nowhere.com wrote:

>My "New Every 2" date is coming up and I'm looking hard at the v710. Does
>anyone have any comments about this phone that might help with the
>selection?
>
>I would be a heavy MP3 player, Mobile Web 2, and BlueTooth <--> my Dell
>Axim Pocket PC PDA. Not real big on camera, but would use it a dozen time
>a month or so -- maybe.
>
>Happy Holidays everyone!

Peace

Distinguished
May 8, 2004

My only complain is that I can not sync the phone with my computer using the
bluetooth. I asked Verizon and was told that my only option was to use the
data cable. Does anybody know whether or not the new firmware fixes the
bluetooth problem.

Thanks

In article <4omdnQq22cG0kFLcRVn-tw@comcast.com>,
"Peace" <NoSpam@spamnetUSA.com> wrote:

> My only complain is that I can not sync the phone with my computer
> using the bluetooth. I asked Verizon and was told that my only option
> was to use the data cable.

I have the data cable; I had it for my V60i and it works with the
V710--and my computer doesn't have blue tooth. So that's not a problem.

My complaint is that I can't sync it with my car, which requires
bluetooth for syncing. I can use the handsfree aspect of the car, and I
can dial numbers from the car, using the phone, but I have to type them
into the car (but once I do that, I can assign them to the one-touch
buttons of the car).

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The two my wife and I have work great. No problems at all.

<someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> My "New Every 2" date is coming up and I'm looking hard at the v710. Does
> anyone have any comments about this phone that might help with the
> selection?
>
> I would be a heavy MP3 player, Mobile Web 2, and BlueTooth <--> my Dell
> Axim Pocket PC PDA. Not real big on camera, but would use it a dozen time
> a month or so -- maybe.
>
> Happy Holidays everyone!

I got a perfect accessory for this phone.
It's Skinz - and it protects it from scratches - here is one image of
what it looks like.

[image: http://jade-swords.com/CELLSKINZ/skinz/V710CARBON.jpg]:cool:

--
jade-swords

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:56:20 GMT, Carl S. Moore wrote:

> How is your keypad? Does it last or get worse with
> time? I just got the v710 last week and had no click
> on the 7 key. Really annoying as I coudln't tell if I pressed
> it enough. The new one isn't much better. The keypad
> seems very cheap as compared to my former LG phones.
>
> Carl

Yep. The keypad and general build is cheap compared to most other phones.
Not acceptabe in a phone that costs so much.