Upgrading for World of Warcraft

Megabat86

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Hello there, I am interested in upgrading my computer to run WoW better than it already does. Ideally I would like to run on the maximum settings while Frapsing. I have included my PC specs as per the battle.net beta client. While I generally get 50-60 FPS in SW, several hundred in dungeons and around 40-35 in 25m raid, my settings are not maxed out. Also, when I fraps in raid I will bog down to 30-15 fps. Any suggestions? Price really is not a concern and all my drivers are up to date. Also, I really do not believe that my HDDs are the problem - I fraps to two 1TB 7200 HDDs with 16MB buffers (I have no idea what the means tbh). However, when I fraps to an SSD I do not see any performance increase vs my RAID config.

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU TYPE:
Intel® Core™ i7 CPU K 875 @ 2.93GHz
CPU SPEED:
2.95 GHz
SYSTEM MEMORY:
7.99 GB
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
3.97 GB
VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
nvd3dum.dll
PRIMARY DISPLAY RESOLUTION:
1920x1080
SECONDARY DISPLAY RESOLUTION:
1680x1050
HARD DISK SIZE:
1.82 TB
HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
575.61 GB (31%)
DOWNLOAD SPEED:
1.13 MB/s (9.5 mbps)

Thanks so much!

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Ummmm......dude. That system is more than capable of playing WoW at maximum settings. You may be having some network issues depending on whether you use onboard ethernet or not...have you considered a separate network card (if not using one already)? I don't see how your rig can't run Fraps and WoW simultaneously.

Megabat86

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011

Yes, I use a Bigfoot NPU for connection and I have great ping with virtually no jitter and no packet loss. I am just out of ideas on what to do :/ Any other possible suggestions? I have formatted my C drive and have attempted to play with nothing else installed on my computer for this to work as I would like. Also, I run WoW from it's own SSD - So I do not believe that is an issue either.

Thanks!