Automatic detect new hardware

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

how can I stop windows XP from automatically detecting new hardware when
restarted as I need to un-install Intel Ultra-AVA storage driver before I
can update firmware for CD DVD drive but it keeps reinstalling on restart,
Phil

"phil" <p.tann@talk21.com> wrote:

>how can I stop windows XP from automatically detecting new hardware when
>restarted as I need to un-install Intel Ultra-AVA storage driver before I
>can update firmware for CD DVD drive but it keeps reinstalling on restart,

Did you already consult the manufacturer of the CD drive for help? You
could disable the Plug and Play service, but this may have
side-effects on the installation of the new firmware.

--
(tm)