Skyrim Mod: Realistic Colors and Real Nights - HDR

Hello, i'm from italian tom's hardware website (unfortunately accounts are not linked) and i'm the developer of the Realistic Colors and Real Nights mod.

I'm here to ask some support/feedback to tom's international community. We already have great support from the russian community, but we want also a more "western-side" opinion about it. (this mod atm is in the russian top 3 list, with over 5000 downloads in the last 36h).

What is new?
- This is the first mod with a REAL post process HDR, we worked hard on it, and the fps loss (thanks to the nvidia technology behind the injector) is really minimal.
- Realistic color palette and enhanced night-time gameplay experience (now torch and catvision really care).

The new "Color Layer System" is not a "+100@saturation" like all mods out here, but is a new system based on a series of "cold sepia effects", everything in this mod is developed with really low saturation values.

What is different from ENB series?
- ENB IS NOT A REAL HDR INJECTOR, they only changed the 2d lensflare texture to simulate it, but this IS NOT an HDR. Realistic Colors and Real Nights uses a Real HDR process, no random laggy lens flare here.
- ENB cut your frames for about 35-50%, Realistic Colors and Real Nights have a loss of only 6fps in the worst case.
- better color choice
- about 0 saturation

you can find it on nexus here:
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1875

feedbacks are welcomed, i'll follow this thread to answer all questions/suggestions.
Endorse it on Nexus if u like!

Thanks and Regards from BungaBunga italy :)
1 answer Last reply
More about skyrim realistic colors real nights
  1. Version 1.3HDR is out!

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1875

Changelog:
    **1.3** (10/12/2011)
    - New DoublePass HDR, 2 times better than a standard single pass HDR (more info in the mod page on Nexus)
    - added 2 different installation, one with RealisticWaterTextures and one without!
    - fixed the an issue with some monitor during night play.
    - daytime is more brighter and realistic
    - new sunglare effect, this is NOT a blingbling sunglare, is only a little revision of the standard one that was killing the HDR.
    - added full compatibility with the latest Skyrim patch
    - decreased again saturation
    - solved an issue with the blue channel that was too bright

Let me know about bugs and issues! ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Tom's Hardware Video Games