SOYO Dragon+ RAID Question

G

I'm trying to install 2 identical 40GB hard drives onto the Promise Raid controller. I created the array without any problems. The Promise BIOS show the array as functional and bootable. My problem comes when I try to partition and format the array using FDISK. When in FDISK, it only shows 10GB for the available drive. How can I get FDISK to see the entire array?
Thanks

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by alpjr on 12/13/01 05:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Just keep going. I had the same problem but it still worked in the end and the whole drive was usable. I have ASUS A7V266-E with and embedded promise raid controller. It must be a display problem only with the FDISK program.

G

Just wanted to let you know that it worked. I continued installing and everything went very smooth. Someone on another board said the problem was with the bootdisk I was using. I guess older versions of fdisk can not recognize drives larger than 64GB. I'm not sure on that but it seems to make sense. Anyway, thanks again for the help.
Al