Sign in with
Your question

BF3 is not installed. Has this happened to you?

Last response: in Video Games
December 6, 2011 5:19:07 PM

After installing and playing bf3, the game manager on battle log says that the game is not installed and prompts to re install it. This happened to me a couple weeks ago so I figured it was an update that wiped something that I needed and I re-installed the game. Now it's asking again.

I was just playing it last night and I still have all the files on my HDD but for some reason it won't work and prompts me to re-install. I don't mind doing it once but when it repeats the problem that irritates me. Has this happened to you? What's up with this?

More about : bf3 installed happened

December 6, 2011 9:00:32 PM

rcfant89 said:
After installing and playing bf3, the game manager on battle log says that the game is not installed and prompts to re install it. This happened to me a couple weeks ago so I figured it was an update that wiped something that I needed and I re-installed the game. Now it's asking again.

I was just playing it last night and I still have all the files on my HDD but for some reason it won't work and prompts me to re-install. I don't mind doing it once but when it repeats the problem that irritates me. Has this happened to you? What's up with this?

This has just happened to me for the second time as well. I thought it was an update the first time too but I don't see many ppl talking about it so I guess it's not that.....

What's up with this?.. I have no idea but it's annoying!
m
l
December 7, 2011 3:39:00 AM

I'm having the exact same issue. It happened to me literally 2 minutes ago. I booted up my PC, fired up BF3 from the .exe file, and it says the game isn't installed and is now downloading all 4 GB of the game. All I want to do is play for 15 minutes before I go to bed, but now I won't have to play but instead wait for the stupid thing to download. This is the 3rd time this has happened.

Besides this I have had no other issues with the game.
m
l
Related resources
December 7, 2011 11:44:48 PM

Good god, a 4 GB patch!? Damn. I have a (somewhat) slow broadband internet connection, this is gonna take forever...
m
l
!