Why can't I reinstall windows?

I'm trying to reinstall windows, however when I load the re-installation cd,
it says that there is a newer version on my computer than what there is on
the disk? How is that so and how can I change that? Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about reinstall windows

    If you installed SP2, then your original Windows XP CD is
    now obsolete and you'll have to do one of the following:

    1. Uninstall SP2

    or

    2. Make a new Windows XP CD with SP2 (recommended)

    Either one of the following utilities makes slipstreaming
    (integrating) SP2 into Windows XP a breeze:

    Windows Slipstreaming and Bootable CD Guide
    http://www.msfn.org/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=49

    or

    AutoStreamer 1.0.33
    http://www.wbeta.com/comments.php?shownews=1063&catid=2

    Windows XP Service Pack 2 - Direct Download
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "J" wrote:

    | I'm trying to reinstall windows, however when I load the re-installation cd,
    | it says that there is a newer version on my computer than what there is on
    | the disk? How is that so and how can I change that? Thanks!

Computers Microsoft CD-Rom Windows XP