  • Microsoft
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows XP
January 31, 2005 9:05:06 AM

I'm trying to reinstall windows, however when I load the re-installation cd,
it says that there is a newer version on my computer than what there is on
the disk? How is that so and how can I change that? Thanks!

More about : reinstall windows

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 11:15:31 AM

If you installed SP2, then your original Windows XP CD is
now obsolete and you'll have to do one of the following:

1. Uninstall SP2

or

2. Make a new Windows XP CD with SP2 (recommended)

Either one of the following utilities makes slipstreaming
(integrating) SP2 into Windows XP a breeze:

Windows Slipstreaming and Bootable CD Guide
http://www.msfn.org/articles.php?action=show&showarticl...

or

AutoStreamer 1.0.33
http://www.wbeta.com/comments.php?shownews=1063&catid=2

Windows XP Service Pack 2 - Direct Download

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP