Presario 4716 modem drivers

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b \ Driver
May 15, 2004 3:46:28 AM

Does anyone have this driver?

Thanks.

--
Herb Stein
herb@herbstein.com
May 15, 2004 10:29:13 AM

The only driver available for the modem from Compaq is for the original OS
(Win 95). It can be found here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadInde...

HH

"Herb Stein" <herb@herbstein.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have this driver?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Herb Stein
> herb@herbstein.com

a b \ Driver
May 15, 2004 3:26:03 PM

"Herb Stein" <herb@herbstein.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have this driver?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Herb Stein
> herb@herbstein.com

HS,

Which Operating System?

Go here, pick your OS, and se what they have:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?pro...

Hope this helps,

Karl.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
May 16, 2004 4:57:22 PM

To all who responded, that you very much! It works now.
I'm whose advice did it any more.

"terry_b17" <terry_b17@juno-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> hi,
> go to http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html
> hope this helps,
> terry
>
> ==============
troubleshooting newsgroups.

As an aside, I get Compaqs all the time with big OS problems,
no release media or docs, etc. Mostly, I've got to fdisk and
format and start over. They clearly had Windows 9x on then so
I just reinstall from a non-Compaq release disk. If that makes
me a criminal, so be it. The OS was paid for once and the
clowns just lost it. In any event, it seem like, with Compaq
especially, getting the video, sound, NIC and modem to
function properly is mostly a matter of trial and error. I hunt
through www.compaq.com, www.driverguide.com and
anyplace else that seems to make sense. Then I d/l service
packs, drivers, etc. and fiddle with them. Eventually,
whatever doesn't work magically starts to work. No apparent
rhyme or reason. Nothing is ever adequately labelled on the
boards to help finding the right drivers. Short of simply not
working on Compaq hardware, does anyone have a solution?

--
Herb Stein
herb@herbstein.com