Permissions - Safely Remove Hardware

Is there a way to change the permissions on the option to "Safely Remove
Hardware"? As administrator, I can safely remove hardware, but not as a
normal user. I can't seem to find anything that will allow me to change the
permissions so a normal (non-administrator) can access the safely remove
hardware option.

The error I get under a normal user is: "This operation has been cancelled
due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system
administrator".

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about permissions safely remove hardware

    I'm not an administrator on my work computer, but I can still 'safely remove
    hardware'. It depends on the permissions your system administrator has
    placed on your account. Only your sys admin can change that.

    Modem Ani

    "MattieD" <MattieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to change the permissions on the option to "Safely Remove
    > Hardware"? As administrator, I can safely remove hardware, but not as a
    > normal user. I can't seem to find anything that will allow me to change
    the
    > permissions so a normal (non-administrator) can access the safely remove
    > hardware option.
    >
    > The error I get under a normal user is: "This operation has been cancelled
    > due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your
    system
    > administrator".
    >
    > Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Hardware Permissions Windows XP