  • Hardware
  • Permissions
  • Windows XP
January 31, 2005 10:41:09 AM

Is there a way to change the permissions on the option to "Safely Remove
Hardware"? As administrator, I can safely remove hardware, but not as a
normal user. I can't seem to find anything that will allow me to change the
permissions so a normal (non-administrator) can access the safely remove
hardware option.

The error I get under a normal user is: "This operation has been cancelled
due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system
administrator".

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

More about : permissions safely remove hardware

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 2:03:00 PM

I'm not an administrator on my work computer, but I can still 'safely remove
hardware'. It depends on the permissions your system administrator has
placed on your account. Only your sys admin can change that.

Modem Ani

!