Computer starts up slow......??

Every time i start my computer, it stays on the screen that says "starting
windows" for about 5 minutes. Then after i put in my password, it starts up
and then it loads up for another 5 minutes. The only time i know it's ok to
do something on my comp is when the pop up message comes up that says "NT On
Access".

How do i make it start up faster?? Thanx in advance.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

delete all the files in c:\windows\precache. reboot.

go to www.blackviper.com for services you can turn off.

check for spyware & viruses.

"Outgoingbutconfused" <Outgoingbutconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:A85765E7-DB03-4ABA-B65A-40CB44E9F6EC@microsoft.com...