Computer starts up slow??

Every time i start my computer, it stays on the screen that says "starting
windows" for about 5 minutes. Then after i put in my password, it starts up
and then it loads up for another 5 minutes. The only time i know it's ok to
do something on my comp is when the pop up message comes up that says "NT On
Access".

How do i make it start up faster?? Thanx in advance.

"Epl1007" <Epl1007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Every time i start my computer, it stays on the screen that says "starting
>windows" for about 5 minutes. Then after i put in my password, it starts up
>and then it loads up for another 5 minutes. The only time i know it's ok to
>do something on my comp is when the pop up message comes up that says "NT On
>Access".

"Resources for Troubleshooting Startup Problems in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308041).

--
(tm)

Alot of programs automatically load when you start your computer.. such as
Aim, MSN Messenger... That takes alot of time and memory. You might want to
disable any nonessential programs from starting up when you turn your
computer on. That will cut down on the amount of time it takes Windows to
boot up. There will be that many less programs starting up with Windows.

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> "Epl1007" <Epl1007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Every time i start my computer, it stays on the screen that says "starting
> >windows" for about 5 minutes. Then after i put in my password, it starts up
> >and then it loads up for another 5 minutes. The only time i know it's ok to
> >do something on my comp is when the pop up message comes up that says "NT On
> >Access".
>
> "Resources for Troubleshooting Startup Problems in Windows XP"
> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308041).
>
> --
> (tm)

Spyware/Virus Removal and Prevention:
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/windowsxpsolutions.htm
(Links to online virus scans on the same page)

How to optimize Windows XP, 2000, ME
for the best performance (Step-by-step Visual Guide):
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/optimizewindows.htm

Good Luck!
---
How to successfully install Windows XP Service Pack 2:
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/winxpsp2install.htm