Back up win xp using windows back up + files and setting t..

February 1, 2005 11:57:06 AM

Hi!
Not too sure is the right place to post, it was either here or the security
sections and they kept talking about viruses, anyway - i've installed Windows
Backup on to my win xp home ed PC, i've used it and the files and settings
transfer wizard to try and back this PC up, but two problems have come up
with both, firstly they all save pretty much everything, but always seem to
miss out important looking files, i think they are hidden system files but
i'm not familiar with them and didn't think to write down their names at the
time (many hours of pulling my hair out trying to back this thing up drove me
a bit potty). I'm worried that without those files i wouldn't be able to
restore a complete and working back up to my system.
Secondly both files for each back up i've tried are understandibly huge and
i'd like to burn them to cd's as an extra precaution, but i am unable to
split the files?

Any help gratefully received!
Regards
LIZ
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 5:01:51 PM

Windows Backup is not the ideal solution for what you are doing.. it is
designed for backing up critical files/documents.. look to using something
like Norton Ghost.. or maybe a program available from the hard drive
manufacturer..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user