how to restore my computer back to its factory settings

Help!
I have a lot of problems going on with my computer at the mo ie
invailed registry paths (436) Broken startup items (2) and invalid shell link
'shortcut' (90)

Are you actually experiencing specific problems with your computer, or are
you just reacting to what your registry cleaner is telling you?

If you have specific problems, why not post them here? There are lots of
knowledgable people here who can help you.

If, on the other hand, you're just alarmed by what your registry cleaner
tells you, forget about it. Those 'invalid registry paths', 'broken' startup
items and 'invalid' shell links are meaningless. I read a lot of
back-and-forth about registry cleaners, and I'm on the side of people who
say they're a waste of time. If you had 528 problems with your computer,
you'd know it.

Modem Ani

"mini" <mini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help!
> I have a lot of problems going on with my computer at the mo ie
> invailed registry paths (436) Broken startup items (2) and invalid shell
link
> 'shortcut' (90)

That's really sad to hear.. unfortunately, 'my computer' is neither a make
or model.. to save you posting back here. either read the manual supplied
with the computer, or contact the manufacturer/vendor for instructions..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm