Inappropriate Microsoft Online Crash Analysis alert/warnin..

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

I am responsible for Technical Support at Alacritech.

We have been receiving support calls from Laptop users with the following
message:

Microsoft Online Crash Analysis said to download R6_3_0_5.zip from your
website
(http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=27809063-fc64-4da5-8abd-1bbd1
be69b4a&SID=1150)

Further info from caller:
"I keep getting a message on my computer saying that there is an error with
my touchpad mouse on my laptop so i sent the report to Microsoft and i got a
return message saying to goto www.Alacritech.com and downloard R6_3_0_5.zip
and install it and it should correct this problem."

However, Alacritech does not produce any products for laptops (i.e. no
PCMCIA products), therefore this error/warning message is bogus.

Can someone at M.S. please investigate and resolve?

Sincerely,
--
Les Figg
Director of Customer Satisfaction

Les;
Are the laptops made by the same manufacturer?
If so you may need to contact them as well as Microsoft.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Les" <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am responsible for Technical Support at Alacritech.
>
> We have been receiving support calls from Laptop users with the following
> message:
>
> Microsoft Online Crash Analysis said to download R6_3_0_5.zip from your
> website
> (http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=27809063-fc64-4da5-8abd-1bbd1
> be69b4a&SID=1150)
>
> Further info from caller:
> "I keep getting a message on my computer saying that there is an error
> with
> my touchpad mouse on my laptop so i sent the report to Microsoft and i got
> return message saying to goto www.Alacritech.com and downloard
> R6_3_0_5.zip
> and install it and it should correct this problem."
>
> However, Alacritech does not produce any products for laptops (i.e. no
> PCMCIA products), therefore this error/warning message is bogus.
>
> Can someone at M.S. please investigate and resolve?
>
> Sincerely,
> --
> Les Figg
> Director of Customer Satisfaction
> Alacritech, Inc.
> Web: www.alacritech.com
> "Accelerating the convergence of networking and storage"

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

It is unclear whether each of the laptops were the same make/model. These
are home users who don't respond after our initial response that Alacritech
has no products appropriate for laptops.

I have now logged a call directly with M.S. Support.

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Les;
> Are the laptops made by the same manufacturer?
> If so you may need to contact them as well as Microsoft.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "Les" <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am responsible for Technical Support at Alacritech.
> >
> > We have been receiving support calls from Laptop users with the following
> > message:
> >
> > Microsoft Online Crash Analysis said to download R6_3_0_5.zip from your
> > website
> > (http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=27809063-fc64-4da5-8abd-1bbd1
> > be69b4a&SID=1150)
> >
> > Further info from caller:
> > "I keep getting a message on my computer saying that there is an error
> > with
> > my touchpad mouse on my laptop so i sent the report to Microsoft and i got
> > return message saying to goto www.Alacritech.com and downloard
> > R6_3_0_5.zip
> > and install it and it should correct this problem."
> >
> > However, Alacritech does not produce any products for laptops (i.e. no
> > PCMCIA products), therefore this error/warning message is bogus.
> >
> > Can someone at M.S. please investigate and resolve?
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > --
> > Les Figg
> > Director of Customer Satisfaction
> > Alacritech, Inc.
> > Web: www.alacritech.com
> > "Accelerating the convergence of networking and storage"

Contact Microsoft directly:

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=3518&gprid=185522

(In the U.S. call 1-425-635-3311)

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Les" wrote:

| I am responsible for Technical Support at Alacritech.
|
| We have been receiving support calls from Laptop users with the following
| message:
|
| Microsoft Online Crash Analysis said to download R6_3_0_5.zip from your
| website
| (http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=27809063-fc64-4da5-8abd-1bbd1
| be69b4a&SID=1150)
|
| Further info from caller:
| "I keep getting a message on my computer saying that there is an error with
| my touchpad mouse on my laptop so i sent the report to Microsoft and i got a
| return message saying to goto www.Alacritech.com and downloard R6_3_0_5.zip
| and install it and it should correct this problem."
|
| However, Alacritech does not produce any products for laptops (i.e. no
| PCMCIA products), therefore this error/warning message is bogus.
|
| Can someone at M.S. please investigate and resolve?
|
| Sincerely,
| --
| Les Figg
| Director of Customer Satisfaction
| Alacritech, Inc.
| Web: www.alacritech.com
| "Accelerating the convergence of networking and storage"

Les;
Hopefully Microsoft will be able to straighten it out.
But if you get more calls, it may be beneficial if you could establish if
the laptops were from the same manufacturer.
Then you could also refer them to the manufacturer as a possible cause.

--

> It is unclear whether each of the laptops were the same make/model. These
> are home users who don't respond after our initial response that
> Alacritech
> has no products appropriate for laptops.
>
> I have now logged a call directly with M.S. Support.
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Les;
>> Are the laptops made by the same manufacturer?
>> If so you may need to contact them as well as Microsoft.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>>

>> "Les" <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am responsible for Technical Support at Alacritech.
>> >
>> > We have been receiving support calls from Laptop users with the
>> > following
>> > message:
>> >
>> > Microsoft Online Crash Analysis said to download R6_3_0_5.zip from your
>> > website
>> > (http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=27809063-fc64-4da5-8abd-1bbd1
>> > be69b4a&SID=1150)
>> >
>> > Further info from caller:
>> > "I keep getting a message on my computer saying that there is an error
>> > with
>> > my touchpad mouse on my laptop so i sent the report to Microsoft and i
>> > got
>> > return message saying to goto www.Alacritech.com and downloard
>> > R6_3_0_5.zip
>> > and install it and it should correct this problem."
>> >
>> > However, Alacritech does not produce any products for laptops (i.e. no
>> > PCMCIA products), therefore this error/warning message is bogus.
>> >
>> > Can someone at M.S. please investigate and resolve?
>> >
>> > Sincerely,
>> > --
>> > Les Figg
>> > Director of Customer Satisfaction
>> > Alacritech, Inc.
>> > Web: www.alacritech.com
>> > "Accelerating the convergence of networking and storage"

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

Thanks to those who responed.

Microsoft has promptly identified and resolved the issue.

Les.