Need to pick a motherboard

G

I'm buying a new pc, a 1500+ xp cpu+256mb ddr ram and either kyro2 videocard or geforce2 ti, which motherboard should i choose to it? I can't find any info on these motherboards. these are the ones available for me:
AMD: DFI AD70-SC 266A DDR
AMD: DFI AM36-EC
AMD: ECS K7S5A DDR LAN
AMD: ECS K7VZA-266
they're all about $100 here (sweden) any comments welcome since i know nothing about motherboards... oh another thing, is the inbuilt sound on some motherboards anywhere near sb live! 1024? or should i go with a separate soundcard?
thanks.

i might consider one of the following motherboards as well IF they include a soundcard that is equal to soundblaster live! 1024 bulk/value (which alone costs about $50 here)
is there such motherboards available? let me know.
these are some of the more expensive motherboards i can choose from, but only if they include the above soundcard quality:
EpoX EP-8KHA+ VKT266A DD
MSI K7T 266 Pro2
MSI K7T Turbo2
DFI AD70-SR Raid VIA266A DD
otherwise i have to go with one of the cheaper ones i originally listed about $100 or so...

sneakerski

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2001
The EpoX board is a nice board...but I'm not too sure about on-board sound quality.

I live on Mars. I know nothing. God help me when it comes to computers.

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
well, you might want to look into the nforce chipset motherboards.
they have really nice onboard sound apparently, the best you can get when it comes to onboard.
and as for the video card, i would get the geforce2 ti, just because it has built in t&l, and therefore has less cpu usage, and is faster.
i have a k7s5a, and havent tried the onboard sound...but it isnt that bad.
the only thing is, that onboard sound on these boards, the cpu is used to process sound.
which is why i prefer to use a seperate sound card...

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-