BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I have a w32 sdbot.anx worm and I can boot up but there is nothing on the page but my background color.It does the same in safe mode. I believe the worm is located in startup/ntsysmgr.exe. Is there a way I can boot a removal tool up and remove it because I can't get to nothing but a blank screen. Bruce

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Symantec anti-virus (aka Norton) (at least earlier versions) had/has a utility to make a floppy-based scanner - you boot from the floppy, flip a few (the one I made a couple years ago took 8 floppies), and it scans the hard drive. The one I made couldn't do NTFS partitions, which was fine with me at the time, but maybe newer versions or someone else's AV has that ability if you need it.

Mike.

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside the dog its too dark to read.
-- Groucho Marx</font color=blue>

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I did get to scan with a set of panda disk and it has 6 different virus. The only problem is it said the partition is in read only mode and I can't boot to change that. Bruce

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

riser

Illustrious
Boot into Windows Recovery Console with the CD.

Type Fixboot and let that run through
Type fixmbr and let that run.

use the ? to find out what switches you want to run. Off hand I can't think of what ones to run..