changing language from japanese

February 2, 2005 7:39:06 AM

Hello. I am in Japan and I bought a new HP laptop (I came with XP Home
Edition). As I develop internet pages in japanese I set up the XP Language as
Japanese. Now I want to partitionate my HDD with an English version of
Partiion Magic I own, but I can not use it as the file names use kana and it
may cause corruption on them and in the volume labels. Can I change XP's
language from japanese to english now? How? And would it resolve my problem?
Thank you very much.
Yo
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 10:57:05 AM

Either purchase a Japanese version of Partition Magic
or perform a "clean install". You'll need to purchase
a "full version" of Windows XP English version.

Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282089

Clean Install Windows XP

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"yo" wrote:

| Hello. I am in Japan and I bought a new HP laptop (I came with XP Home
| Edition). As I develop internet pages in japanese I set up the XP Language as
| Japanese. Now I want to partitionate my HDD with an English version of
| Partiion Magic I own, but I can not use it as the file names use kana and it
| may cause corruption on them and in the volume labels. Can I change XP's
| language from japanese to english now? How? And would it resolve my problem?
| Thank you very much.
| Yo
February 3, 2005 1:36:27 PM

Hi,

I use an English version of Partition Magic on Japanese computers all the
time and never had any problems resizing the hard drives.

Jeff

!