changing language from japanese

Hello. I am in Japan and I bought a new HP laptop (I came with XP Home
Edition). As I develop internet pages in japanese I set up the XP Language as
Japanese. Now I want to partitionate my HDD with an English version of
Partiion Magic I own, but I can not use it as the file names use kana and it
may cause corruption on them and in the volume labels. Can I change XP's
language from japanese to english now? How? And would it resolve my problem?
Thank you very much.
Yo
2 answers Last reply
More about changing language japanese

    Either purchase a Japanese version of Partition Magic
    or perform a "clean install". You'll need to purchase
    a "full version" of Windows XP English version.

    Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282089

    Clean Install Windows XP

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "yo" wrote:

    | Hello. I am in Japan and I bought a new HP laptop (I came with XP Home
    | Edition). As I develop internet pages in japanese I set up the XP Language as
    | Japanese. Now I want to partitionate my HDD with an English version of
    | Partiion Magic I own, but I can not use it as the file names use kana and it
    | may cause corruption on them and in the volume labels. Can I change XP's
    | language from japanese to english now? How? And would it resolve my problem?
    | Thank you very much.
    | Yo

    Hi,

    I use an English version of Partition Magic on Japanese computers all the
    time and never had any problems resizing the hard drives.

    Jeff

    "yo" <yo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello. I am in Japan and I bought a new HP laptop (I came with XP Home
    > Edition). As I develop internet pages in japanese I set up the XP Language
    > as
    > Japanese. Now I want to partitionate my HDD with an English version of
    > Partiion Magic I own, but I can not use it as the file names use kana and
    > it
    > may cause corruption on them and in the volume labels. Can I change XP's
    > language from japanese to english now? How? And would it resolve my
    > problem?
    > Thank you very much.
    > Yo

Japanese Windows XP