wkadviser

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2001
I have an old Asus TX97 that recently has a problem with booting up. It will say "Hardware Monitor found an error, enter POWER MANAGEMENT SETUP for details". If I go in to Power Management Setup in the BIOS, I see an ERR beside some voltage level things. I haven't changed any of the values so I don't know why this is happening. This problem will disappear after I do a ctrl-alt-del a few times but it will always come back up if I restart the machine. I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

pike

Splendid
Nov 10, 2001
Well myself i have 2 vintage asus socket 7 mobos up and running and have a 3rd socket 5 sys. What you describ seems soo very close to being a power problem as in "power supply" that i would bet on that.
If it is the original psu than even more chance of it being that.
Swithching psu is'nt at all as much trouble as switching mobos. You may just have to pull out a card or two depending on your sys to get the old psu out.
Second had parts are commond in some pc shops, and for little $ you can get a functionning 250 W psu. You can always ask if the pc shop will take the part back or give you a credit if it is'nt the psu.
Word of advise: if you are not familiar with the bios and as you say it was ok before, do not change a bunch of values in there, that's asking for trouble.

Could also be onboard voltage regulators, in witch case your motherboard is kaput!

Try the psu !

Danny

Electric coolaid for everyone, except me, never touch the stuff !