Program Installation problems

I need java in order to surf some sites on hte net... So i went to the sun
microsystems site and sownloaded the java program, but when i try to put it
on, i get a message half way through installation saying "error 1311: Source
file not found, check that this fale exists and that you have access to it."
then a path leading to my folder, and Content.IE5. I checked, it exists, but
when i click on it, manually, it wont open. so im guessing i dont have access
to it. but im an administrator for this comp. its a home computer and theres
only one. The OS i am using: Windows XP pro

thunderstruck_302,

The following site will explain the problem;

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/download_error_codes.xml

CAUSE
These errors are InstallShield error codes, which indicate that an
action failed during the installation process.

SOLUTION
Please try to download and install the offline installation package from
the manual download page:

I found other references to the fact that the online installer does not
understand proxy servers, which is probably why Sun recommends
downloading the offline installation package.

--
Sir_George

"thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:815C284D-7C37-4F4C-B089-DEA1DA56F382@microsoft.com...