Which chipset is better

G

I am looking at the new Intel DDR 333 chips. Which one will be better. I am looking at the ASUS motherboard with either the SIS or Intel's own chipset. Which one will be better when it finally hits the market. The Intel chipset will be about 30 dollars more.

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
im thinking about that exact same thing.
so far...im leaning towards the SIS chip because not only does it support ddr333, but it's cheaper too.
from what ive read...asus' intel based ddr board will only support ddr266 (and its more expensive).
im probably going to get the asus p4s333 board within a couple of weeks (im using the p4b...which is horribly slow).

I don't claim to know anything about everything, I just tell people what I know.
-PSB

G

I checked today with a reseller near me and they looked it up and said they would have the new chipset the first of the year. Even though places are selling them online now I believe that won't be available until the new year.

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
That is the same thing I have found, they are at some sites like AxionTech.com, but only for advance selling. I think the ASUS is the better deal.
Good Luck, Take-Out

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)