WinXP File Backup Program

February 2, 2005 9:15:04 AM

I came across a FAQ about using WinXP's Backup Program to backup your files
and folders, which I didn't know XP had. The answer stated that this program
was located in the "accessories" catagory, but if it wasn't there that it
would have to be installed using their XP CD. I would really like to obtain
this program for my Home Edition, but unfortunately, my computer came with XP
already installed and I don't have access to a CD. Is it possible to
download this program at no cost elsewhere or am I S.O.L. because my CPU
purchase didn't come with a CD? I appreciate any time or effort put into
helping get the answers I am seeking. And Thank You.

Tanya
--
Catch Ya On The Flip Side !!!
Anonymous

Installing the Backup Program on the Home Version
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup...

HOW TO: Use Backup to Back Up Files and Folders on Your Computer in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308422&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"dukiesma1001" wrote:

| I came across a FAQ about using WinXP's Backup Program to backup your files
| and folders, which I didn't know XP had. The answer stated that this program
| was located in the "accessories" catagory, but if it wasn't there that it
| would have to be installed using their XP CD. I would really like to obtain
| this program for my Home Edition, but unfortunately, my computer came with XP
| already installed and I don't have access to a CD. Is it possible to
| download this program at no cost elsewhere or am I S.O.L. because my CPU
| purchase didn't come with a CD? I appreciate any time or effort put into
| helping get the answers I am seeking. And Thank You.
|
| Tanya
| --
| Catch Ya On The Flip Side !!!
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 12:41:17 PM

"dukiesma1001" <dukiesma1001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I came across a FAQ about using WinXP's Backup Program to backup your files
> and folders, which I didn't know XP had. The answer stated that this
> program
> was located in the "accessories" catagory, but if it wasn't there that it
> would have to be installed using their XP CD. I would really like to
> obtain
> this program for my Home Edition, but unfortunately, my computer came with
> XP
> already installed and I don't have access to a CD. Is it possible to
> download this program at no cost elsewhere or am I S.O.L. because my CPU
> purchase didn't come with a CD? I appreciate any time or effort put into
> helping get the answers I am seeking. And Thank You.
>
> Tanya
> --
> Catch Ya On The Flip Side !!!

Unfortunately you'll need the disc to install Windows Backup. However, there
are plenty of free backup alternatives out there. I list of freeware backup
tools can be found here:

http://www.nonags.com/nonags/diskbk.html

Dan
--
Dan DiNicolo
MCSE, CCNP, CCDA

"Dan DiNicolo" <d@d.com> wrote in message
> "dukiesma1001" <dukiesma1001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I came across a FAQ about using WinXP's Backup Program to backup your
>>files
>> and folders, which I didn't know XP had. The answer stated that this
>> program
>> was located in the "accessories" catagory, but if it wasn't there that it
>> would have to be installed using their XP CD. I would really like to
>> obtain
>> this program for my Home Edition, but unfortunately, my computer came
>> with XP
>> already installed and I don't have access to a CD. Is it possible to
>> download this program at no cost elsewhere or am I S.O.L. because my CPU
>> purchase didn't come with a CD? I appreciate any time or effort put into
>> helping get the answers I am seeking. And Thank You.
>>
>> Tanya
>> --
>> Catch Ya On The Flip Side !!!
>
> Unfortunately you'll need the disc to install Windows Backup. However,
> there are plenty of free backup alternatives out there. I list of freeware
> backup tools can be found here:
>
> http://www.nonags.com/nonags/diskbk.html
>
> Dan
> --
> Dan DiNicolo
> MCSE, CCNP, CCDA
> http://www.2000trainers.com

Dang. I knew I had seen that MSI file posted somewhere before. Time to
bookmark it again ;)
!