Windows registry/activex problems

I have Norton Systemworks installed. During the "find & fix problems" part
of this program, my computer will scan for DAYS on 'finding solutions'. When
I break it down, I have realized that the problem is occuring during the scan
of my Windows Registry ActiveX portions. Any idea what I can do about this?
Do I need to re-install XP?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows registry activex problems

    This shouldn't be happening. Have you recently checked your system for
    spyware or adware? If that's not the problem, I'm not sure what is. You
    might also try updating Systemworks manually using Live Update and, if that
    doesn't solve the problem, checking Symantec's website to see if they have
    any information on this type of problem.

    Tina W wrote:
    > I have Norton Systemworks installed. During the "find & fix
    > problems" part of this program, my computer will scan for DAYS on
    > 'finding solutions'. When I break it down, I have realized that the
    > problem is occuring during the scan of my Windows Registry ActiveX
    > portions. Any idea what I can do about this? Do I need to re-install
    > XP?

    And this pertains to XP how, exactly? XP isn't the issue, NSW is, therefore
    you should seek assistance from Symantec.

    To paraphrase joust-in-jest: -

    "If it hurts every time you poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick
    (Norton), the obvious solution is to quit poking yourself in the eye with a
    sharp stick (Norton).

    If you absolutely *MUST* poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick
    (Norton),
    then feel free to seek assistance from the maker of the sharp stick
    (Norton)."

    on salads.

Registry Activex Windows XP