[Help Me] How to Stream | Med-High GFX and stable fps

joshualong94

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
Hey Toms Hardware,

I am a PC Gamer and i have had many requests to stream my League of Legends gameplay, however when i stream it is very low graphic settings however it is a low demanding game.

My aims are to become a League of Legends player which streams to make money, i am willing to upgrade, but i would like to keep that to a minimal.

My Current Build

CPU - AMD Phenom X4 9750

Ram - 4gb Single Channel DDR2

Mobo - Acer Aspire G7200

GFX - 1024MB GeForce GTX 460 (Will upgrade £400 budget for these)

Any help with me appreciated.

Thank you

I'm not too familiar with streaming and what encoding is available out there or where the stream gets "processed" (cpu or gpu or both)

this being a desktop system and if you're playing 1920x1080, a 460 should have no problem running the game all maxed

If you think your rig is not powerful enough for streaming, check your utilizations first. I really doubt you're topping out on CPU or GPU.

I am more inclined to think that streaming is limited by your upload rate. You need to find out what your upload actually is when you're streaming (get something like bandwidth monitor) and also consider what is the settings for the stream? Is it trying to send your full resolution out and struggling for bandwidth? Or is it trying to send raw stream with zero encoding on it?

btw, as a fellow league player, hope you get this working :) there's really very little video resources for league out there, seeing how riot still cannot work out a replay feature.