MMC.exe - Application Error

My new AMD 64 build with XP pro service pack 2 installed is running smooth
with one exception ...... everytime I leave device manager I get MMC.exe -
Application Error the instruction at 0x66028429 referenced memory at
0x66028429 The memory could not be written. I'm stumped does anyone have any
ideas?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I don't know the answer, but I get the same error.

I *DO* know that it goes away if you rebuild your profile from scratch, but
that's a really long winded solution.

I've been trying to figure out the similarities between our systems that
have the error & those that don't.

Any chance you've got a Matrox graphics card with two (or more) screens?
Have you installed spybot and/or ad-aware?

Regards,

-JB

"paranger" <paranger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
My new AMD 64 build with XP pro service pack 2 installed is running smooth
with one exception ...... everytime I leave device manager I get MMC.exe -
Application Error the instruction at 0x66028429 referenced memory at
0x66028429 The memory could not be written. I'm stumped does anyone have
any
ideas?

I have the exact same problem. I have an Athlon 64 3200+ and just
installed Windows XP service pack 2. Whenever I exit from Defrag or
certain other control panel items, I get that message, word for word
(even the same addresses).

Exact same problem as who or what?

What is the error message?

--