P4T-E shutdown problem

G

P4T-E, P4 1.6G, 256M Mushkin RAMBUS, new ANTEC ATX12V 400 watt PS, IWILL Side-100 RAID w 2 IBM 75GXP 30GB drives in RAID 0, + NIC + VIDEO + RAID card are all that is installed, WIN98OE.

Runs great, fast start-up, etc. The problem is the shutdown. It doesn't. Goes to the windows splash screen saying windows is now shutting down and hangs there. Forever. Power down with case switch, OK. No scandisk comes up on startup.

The other thing is that when it is off, the keyboard is still on and the optical mouse stays on (both on P/S2, not USB) and the little green LED on the motherboard is lighted indicating it is in the standby power mode, I guess?

Power management is disabled in the bios and in windows.

There must me a jumper or a setting I have overlooked. Can someone point me in the right direction?

(Oh, no Intel flames....I have an Abit KT7-RAID sitting right next to it and I LOVE it! LOL)

THANKS!

G

it wouldn't have anything to do with that IDE drive patch released for windows?
other than that, check the Asus manual. i have the same mobo, and there are a lot of options for the BIOS, might want to check through it.

if you use quality parts, you will have quality results

G

Thanks L-M! That is exactly what I thought, too!

But...I found it. Tried to shut down in safe mode and it still hung, indicating a windows/BIOS conflict. So, I upgraded from AWARD bios 1.003 to 1.004 and vola! It works just fine.

Had me going for a while, though.

Thanks for the help, I greatly appreciate it!