Sis 735

G

Got a Ecs K7s5a mb (Sis 735 chipset) and can't flash the bios. Get a "Error 2-file missing" in dos
Any ideas about this missing file.?
I know I have a serious AGP prob...MDK2 demo only reaches 21 fps. How sick is that?

Also on start-up I get so far and then it stops with this:
No PT
Insert Disk
Press any key

What disk?
I just hit the keyboard and it continues to load the os just fine.
850 duron
300w ps
Ecs K7s5a mb
128 m sdram -crucial
Gainward 200mx
98se os

Thanks
-siq

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
when you flash the bios, you have to make sure to include the ".rom" part of the filename. otherwise, it gives you errors.
and yeah, even for the mx200, i think 21fps is low.
what resolution are you running tho, because that card has sdram, and cant really handle the higher resolutions with much speed.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Use the flash utility name followed by the rom anme and extension (ie. flash777 k7s5a.rom)
I wouldn't expect any more than 21FPS on an MX200, in fact I'm considering it amizing that you can score that high! MDK2 is a very demanding game, and the MX200 is the WORST card realeased this year, actually worse than the TNT2, because it only has a 64-bit memory bus (even the TNT2 had a 128-bit memory bus, with the same speed memory).

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yup. For everyones info, there are regular GeForce 2 GTS boards out there, going for just $65. Like the one at Newegg.com that I bought. It is the VisionTek Xstasy 5632 and uses the GTS-V chipset with FULL 256 bit access to DDR 32m memory. True, the chip runs at 175mhz, but that is easily o/ced. The REAL bottleneck isn't the speed or size of memory, it is the MEMORY ACCESS BANDWIDTH. In the MX-400, it is 128 for reg and 64 for DDR, no exceptions. In the MX-200, God knows what happens, but my old TNT2 Ultra can outperform most of them yet.
Spend some time looking for a good refurbished board and it will pay off at Newegg.com. Right now there were some GTS full boards for 75 to 100 USDs, at least this morning, but they frequently update every week or so, and you can snag some good deals on the video and also the MBs.
Sorry if this is bad news to some, but when you quit learning, they throw dirt on you.
Take-Out

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)