I thought sis735 was better than K7S5A??

G

But somebody said my athlon 1700 xp would be better in the K7S5A than in the sis735....what gives??

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
what gives is that the sis735 is ON the K7S5A!
and the athlonxp is very good on this board.
i dont know who told you that the sis735 would be better than the k7s5a, because one of the only boards made with the 735 is the k7s5a. chaintech makes one, and so does leadtek, but they name the board something else. the sis735 is the "chipset" on the motherboard, but since there is one chip, there no real "set".
someone gave you some mixed up information.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey G,
I don't know what you are talking about or what someone is telling you? The "K7S5A" is the name of a mobo made by ECS. The "sis735" is the chipset that this mobo uses made by SiS. All ECS K7S5A mobo's use the SiS 735 chipset. Not all mobo's that have the SiS 735 chipsets are ECS mobo's. Right now I don't think SiS is making the best chipsets for any AMD products, although I am still waiting on reviews for the SiS 745 chipset(with support for PC2700 DDR). Again what is your question?
Peace Out.........tile

WHAT????? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE ROAR OF MY CASE FANS! YOU'LL HAVE TO SCREAM!

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
hehe..yeah...
oh, and the 745 is supposed to be pretty nice, and on ECS's site, they have a board that uses the chip.
dont know how good they are making it, like if they are taking more time to make sure it is a better board than the k7s5a, but it seems like it is nice.
the only thing i dont like is that it doesnt have onboard lan...doesnt the 745 have that capability?
and yeah, sis is making some great leaps forward in the AMD <i>and</i> the P4 market!
really hope that the 745 is as much of a performer as the 735 was! (er...is :wink: )

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

TRENDING THREADS