Can't logon goes through to logout

Trev

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2001

:confused:
When you try to logon the wallpaper shows briefly then it automatically
logs out.
Has anyone any ideas how to cure this?
I think it could be a virus but which one and where is it?

Operating system XP home

--
Trev

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313322
A User Logon Request Is Rejected Without Any Messages

http://www.winxptutor.com/wsaremove.htm
Quick Launch settings are not saved; Search Assistant Toolbar in Taskbar
Unable to logon to Windows after removing BlazeFind using a spyware removal utility?
Logon - Logoff loop, also caused by BlazeFind

Restore Winlogon\Userinit
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_wel_screen.htm