MN 720 Freezes Evo N1020V

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I run WinXP Pro on my Evo N1020V, and I am attempting to install
Microsoft MN-720 on this system. Upon inserting card into PCMCIA
slot, cursor freezes, system hangs; I then must power down and reboot.

Card is not defective, as this same result occurs when I attempt to
install a brand new card of identical make.

I have not been able to complete install of this product.

hh

What does Microsoft support say?
HH

"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<jZqqc.88$1B.30@fe25.usenetserver.com>...
> What does Microsoft support say?
> HH
>
> "Rick" <rickinlaf@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I run WinXP Pro on my Evo N1020V, and I am attempting to install
> > Microsoft MN-720 on this system. Upon inserting card into PCMCIA
> > slot, cursor freezes, system hangs; I then must power down and reboot.
> >
> > Card is not defective, as this same result occurs when I attempt to
> > install a brand new card of identical make.
> >
> > I have not been able to complete install of this product.

(Paraphrasing here)

"Duhhh" :)

They've directed me to contact the manufacturer of the laptop
(Compaq/HP); who, in turn, has referred me to (surprise!) the
manufacturer of the card (Microsoft).

hh

Hmmm. well, I have to say that IBM has the first responsibility here and
Compaq/HP is secondary. Have you done keyword searches in the Microsoft
knowledge database?

> "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > What does Microsoft support say?
> > HH
> >
> > "Rick" <rickinlaf@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > I run WinXP Pro on my Evo N1020V, and I am attempting to install
> > > Microsoft MN-720 on this system. Upon inserting card into PCMCIA
> > > slot, cursor freezes, system hangs; I then must power down and reboot.
> > >
> > > Card is not defective, as this same result occurs when I attempt to
> > > install a brand new card of identical make.
> > >
> > > I have not been able to complete install of this product.
>
> (Paraphrasing here)
>
> "Duhhh" :)
>
> They've directed me to contact the manufacturer of the laptop
> (Compaq/HP); who, in turn, has referred me to (surprise!) the
> manufacturer of the card (Microsoft).

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Open the broadband utility and under help go to check for updates (or
something like that) then download the update. I also had that issue the
update helped.

Bob

> Hmmm. well, I have to say that IBM has the first responsibility here and
> Compaq/HP is secondary. Have you done keyword searches in the Microsoft
> knowledge database?
> HH
>
> "Rick" <rickinlaf@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > What does Microsoft support say?
> > > HH
> > >
> > > "Rick" <rickinlaf@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > (Paraphrasing here)
> >
> > "Duhhh" :)
> >
> > They've directed me to contact the manufacturer of the laptop
> > (Compaq/HP); who, in turn, has referred me to (surprise!) the
> > manufacturer of the card (Microsoft).

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Yes. Nothing in the knowledge database related to this. :(

"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<yoAqc.122$1B.70@fe25.usenetserver.com>...
> Hmmm. well, I have to say that IBM has the first responsibility here and
> Compaq/HP is secondary. Have you done keyword searches in the Microsoft
> knowledge database?
> HH
>
> "Rick" <rickinlaf@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > What does Microsoft support say?
> > > HH
> > >
> > > "Rick" <rickinlaf@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > (Paraphrasing here)
> >
> > "Duhhh" :)
> >
> > They've directed me to contact the manufacturer of the laptop
> > (Compaq/HP); who, in turn, has referred me to (surprise!) the
> > manufacturer of the card (Microsoft).

TRENDING THREADS