Verizon offering my plan for less. Can I...

Last response: in Network Providers
December 27, 2004 6:52:57 PM

Hi. Verizon is currently offering my 2 line family share plan for
$10.00 less a month than I am being charged. I am a year into a 2 yr.
contract Can I get a price adjustment?

Thanks
Chris

More about : verizon offering plan

Anonymous
December 27, 2004 11:39:28 PM

huntedbyafreak wrote:

> Hi. Verizon is currently offering my 2 line family share plan for
> $10.00 less a month than I am being charged. I am a year into a 2 yr.
> contract Can I get a price adjustment?
>
> Thanks
> Chris

Call them. Perhaps re-upping for 2 more yrs will do it.
In any case nothing asked, nothing gained.

LB
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 11:39:29 PM

LB@notmine.com wrote:
> huntedbyafreak wrote:
>>
>> Hi. Verizon is currently offering my 2 line family share plan for
>> $10.00 less a month than I am being charged. I am a year into a 2 yr.
>> contract Can I get a price adjustment?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Chris
>
> Call them. Perhaps re-upping for 2 more yrs will do it.
> In any case nothing asked, nothing gained.

You can switch to any currently offered plan at any time.
*If* the plan is a promotional plan (includes any promotions)
you will have to extend your contract end date to take advantage
of the promotion.
I believe you have the option to only extend your contract date
1 year from the time of taking the promotion. So if you have 1 year
left on your 2 year contract you should/may be able to switch to
any plan without changing your current contract date.

If you change plans you have 30 days to switch back to whatever
you had even if it's not currently offered.

Don't forget about proration when switching in the middle of your
billing cycle, yada, yada.

-Quick
December 28, 2004 3:11:47 AM

Yes. The 100 extra minutes promotion only requires a one year contract
extension.
If you have one year or more left on existing contract, you can take
advantage without
extending your contract at all. i.e. For you, it's really free.

If Verizon didn't do this, it would be possible (at least in theory) to
accept multiple
promotions which could extend your contract out for years. Luckily it
doesn't
work this way.

I have seen them push my contract out by accident, but I simply indicate
that the
promotion only requires a one year commitment, and I point out that I
already
have that (or more than that).

-Dan

PS: I've got 13 months left on a 2 year contract and took advantage of the
100
free bonus minutes for family plans without extending my contract at all.

--
Eugene, Oregon -- Pacific Northwest
http://cell.uoregon.edu

<huntedbyafreak> wrote in message

> Hi. Verizon is currently offering my 2 line family share plan for
> $10.00 less a month than I am being charged. I am a year into a 2 yr.
> contract Can I get a price adjustment?
>
> Thanks
> Chris
December 28, 2004 11:02:23 AM

Dan Albrich wrote:
> Yes. The 100 extra minutes promotion only requires a one year contract
> extension.
> If you have one year or more left on existing contract, you can take
> advantage without
> extending your contract at all. i.e. For you, it's really free.
>
> If Verizon didn't do this, it would be possible (at least in theory) to
> accept multiple
> promotions which could extend your contract out for years. Luckily it
> doesn't
> work this way.
>
> I have seen them push my contract out by accident, but I simply indicate
> that the
> promotion only requires a one year commitment, and I point out that I
> already
> have that (or more than that).
>
> -Dan
>
> PS: I've got 13 months left on a 2 year contract and took advantage of the
> 100
> free bonus minutes for family plans without extending my contract at all.

I guess I will have to break out my contract because I just called
Verizon and was told I would be subject to a new two year contract from
today if I took advantage of the promotion. This actually amounts to
about a six month extension because our current contract expires June,
2006 and, if we take the promotion, will now expire Dec., 2006. So, if
I understand correctly, we will have to extend our contract by six
months to get the 100 extra minutes promotion. Tom
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 11:11:52 AM

Tom wrote:

> Dan Albrich wrote:
> > Yes. The 100 extra minutes promotion only requires a one year contract
> > extension.
> > If you have one year or more left on existing contract, you can take
> > advantage without
> > extending your contract at all. i.e. For you, it's really free.
> >
> > If Verizon didn't do this, it would be possible (at least in theory) to
> > accept multiple
> > promotions which could extend your contract out for years. Luckily it
> > doesn't
> > work this way.
> >
> > I have seen them push my contract out by accident, but I simply indicate
> > that the
> > promotion only requires a one year commitment, and I point out that I
> > already
> > have that (or more than that).
> >
> > -Dan
> >
> > PS: I've got 13 months left on a 2 year contract and took advantage of the
> > 100
> > free bonus minutes for family plans without extending my contract at all.
> >
> I guess I will have to break out my contract because I just called
> Verizon and was told I would be subject to a new two year contract from
> today if I took advantage of the promotion. This actually amounts to
> about a six month extension because our current contract expires June,
> 2006 and, if we take the promotion, will now expire Dec., 2006. So, if
> I understand correctly, we will have to extend our contract by six
> months to get the 100 extra minutes promotion. Tom

Sounds like a good deal. Think I will try to find it.

LB
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 2:47:32 PM

LB@notmine.com wrote:

> Tom wrote:
> >
> > Dan Albrich wrote:
> > > Yes. The 100 extra minutes promotion only requires a one year contract
> > > extension.
> > > If you have one year or more left on existing contract, you can take
> > > advantage without
> > > extending your contract at all. i.e. For you, it's really free.
> > >
> > > If Verizon didn't do this, it would be possible (at least in theory) to
> > > accept multiple
> > > promotions which could extend your contract out for years. Luckily it
> > > doesn't
> > > work this way.
> > >
> > > I have seen them push my contract out by accident, but I simply indicate
> > > that the
> > > promotion only requires a one year commitment, and I point out that I
> > > already
> > > have that (or more than that).
> > >
> > > -Dan
> > >
> > > PS: I've got 13 months left on a 2 year contract and took advantage of the
> > > 100
> > > free bonus minutes for family plans without extending my contract at all.
> > >
> > I guess I will have to break out my contract because I just called
> > Verizon and was told I would be subject to a new two year contract from
> > today if I took advantage of the promotion. This actually amounts to
> > about a six month extension because our current contract expires June,
> > 2006 and, if we take the promotion, will now expire Dec., 2006. So, if
> > I understand correctly, we will have to extend our contract by six
> > months to get the 100 extra minutes promotion. Tom
>
> Sounds like a good deal. Think I will try to find it.
>
> LB

Well I called and got the extra minutes with no hassle, no extra length
on contract. I have a newly (Nov 2004) extended family share deal.

LB
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 5:33:21 PM

"Tom" <tom@cox.net> wrote in message
news:o PcAd.61308$Jk5.24721@lakeread01...
> Dan Albrich wrote:
>> Yes. The 100 extra minutes promotion only requires a one year contract
>> extension.
>> If you have one year or more left on existing contract, you can take
>> advantage without
>> extending your contract at all. i.e. For you, it's really free.
>>
>> If Verizon didn't do this, it would be possible (at least in theory) to
>> accept multiple
>> promotions which could extend your contract out for years. Luckily it
>> doesn't
>> work this way.
>>
>> I have seen them push my contract out by accident, but I simply indicate
>> that the
>> promotion only requires a one year commitment, and I point out that I
>> already
>> have that (or more than that).
>>
>> -Dan
>>
>> PS: I've got 13 months left on a 2 year contract and took advantage of
>> the 100
>> free bonus minutes for family plans without extending my contract at all.
>>
> I guess I will have to break out my contract because I just called Verizon
> and was told I would be subject to a new two year contract from today if I
> took advantage of the promotion. This actually amounts to about a six
> month extension because our current contract expires June, 2006 and, if we
> take the promotion, will now expire Dec., 2006. So, if I understand
> correctly, we will have to extend our contract by six months to get the
> 100 extra minutes promotion. Tom

Reading your Customer Agreement-- which is incorporated by reference in your
contract is scary. There's a clause in there that says VZW can change
anything they want at any time for any reason (raise prices, reduce minutes,
and I suppose even require to make calls while standing on your left foot
only). Your only recourse is to bail out within 30 days-- though they will
waive the termination fee if the adverse impact on you is material. Sort of
a non-contract as far as the user is concerned.

On the hundred extra minutes- I think it only applies to family share
plans-- but I could be wrong on that.

Any way, my take is that extending 6 months for 100 more minutes is actually
a pretty good deal.

Ike
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 2:15:52 PM

I have a 2 yr contract that I am about 5 months into so I have about 1
yr and 7 months left. I just called to take advantage of adding these
100 extra minutes and they said that I could not do it. They said that
I would have to renew my contract completely. In other words my
contract would end 2 yrs from today.
I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said the same thing.

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 00:11:47 -0800, Dan Albrich wrote:

>Yes. The 100 extra minutes promotion only requires a one year contract
>extension.
>If you have one year or more left on existing contract, you can take
>advantage without
>extending your contract at all. i.e. For you, it's really free.
>
>If Verizon didn't do this, it would be possible (at least in theory) to
>accept multiple
>promotions which could extend your contract out for years. Luckily it
>doesn't
>work this way.
>
>I have seen them push my contract out by accident, but I simply indicate
>that the
>promotion only requires a one year commitment, and I point out that I
>already
>have that (or more than that).
>
>-Dan
>
>PS: I've got 13 months left on a 2 year contract and took advantage of the
>100
>free bonus minutes for family plans without extending my contract at all.
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 2:31:07 PM

"Sentinel" <none@none.com> wrote in message
news:D prit0drgj5s7lq1cb5obteq70j508lqet@4ax.com...
>I have a 2 yr contract that I am about 5 months into so I have about 1
> yr and 7 months left. I just called to take advantage of adding these
> 100 extra minutes and they said that I could not do it. They said that
> I would have to renew my contract completely. In other words my
> contract would end 2 yrs from today.
> I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said the same thing.

I've taken advantage of promotions in the past too. In each case if my
current contract was longer than the required length (to accept new
promotion) then my contract was not extended at all.

Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you. Someone was speculating that the
deal varies by east or western states billing market. I'm in the west, so
the deal may not be the same in the east.

In any event, thanks for posting the new information.

-Dan

--
Eugene, Oregon -- Pacific Northwest
http://cell.uoregon.edu
January 5, 2005 10:00:59 AM

Sentinel wrote:
> I have a 2 yr contract that I am about 5 months into so I have about 1
> yr and 7 months left. I just called to take advantage of adding these
> 100 extra minutes and they said that I could not do it. They said that
> I would have to renew my contract completely. In other words my
> contract would end 2 yrs from today.
> I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said the same thing.

I was about six months into a two year contract; to take advantage of
the promotion, I had to extend my contract to the full two years. I got
the same answer from three different people.

I sent the following email to Verizon, but have not received a reply:

Recently I called and took advantage of your current promotion for 100
extra minutes free with the family share plan. I was told that I would
have to extend my contract again for two years from the starting date of
the change. Now my contract will end on Jan. 5, 2007.

If I understand the contract correctly, each promotion has a minimum
required contract period, and in this case it is apparently for a one
year contract, since this is the minimum contract period required for a
new customer. Since I have about 18 months left on my contract, thus
meeting the minimum requirement, why is it required for me to increase
my contract period?

Presumably, had I had a one year contract and was 364 days into it, I
would have had to increase my contract another 364 days - for a new
contract period of 1 year.

Instead, I have a two year contract, so let's say I was already one year
and 364 days into my contract. According to the information your reps
have given me, I would need to increase my contract by one year and 364
days just because I have a two year contract instead of a one year
contract. In other words, I am being penalized for having a longer
contract.

How does Verizon Wireless justify treating a one year contract more
favorably than a two year contract when it comes to taking advantage of
promotions?

Or, should I have not been required to extend my contract, since I
already had about 18 months left on my two year contract?

Thanks. Tom
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 11:20:15 AM

That makes sense to me. Please let me know how it turns out.

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 07:00:59 -0500, Tom wrote:

>Sentinel wrote:
>> I have a 2 yr contract that I am about 5 months into so I have about 1
>> yr and 7 months left. I just called to take advantage of adding these
>> 100 extra minutes and they said that I could not do it. They said that
>> I would have to renew my contract completely. In other words my
>> contract would end 2 yrs from today.
>> I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said the same thing.
>>
>I was about six months into a two year contract; to take advantage of
>the promotion, I had to extend my contract to the full two years. I got
>the same answer from three different people.
>
>I sent the following email to Verizon, but have not received a reply:
>

>Recently I called and took advantage of your current promotion for 100
>extra minutes free with the family share plan. I was told that I would
>have to extend my contract again for two years from the starting date of
>the change. Now my contract will end on Jan. 5, 2007.
>
>If I understand the contract correctly, each promotion has a minimum
>required contract period, and in this case it is apparently for a one
>year contract, since this is the minimum contract period required for a
>new customer. Since I have about 18 months left on my contract, thus
>meeting the minimum requirement, why is it required for me to increase
>my contract period?
>
>Presumably, had I had a one year contract and was 364 days into it, I
>would have had to increase my contract another 364 days - for a new
>contract period of 1 year.
>
>Instead, I have a two year contract, so let's say I was already one year
>and 364 days into my contract. According to the information your reps
>have given me, I would need to increase my contract by one year and 364
>days just because I have a two year contract instead of a one year
>contract. In other words, I am being penalized for having a longer
>contract.
>
>How does Verizon Wireless justify treating a one year contract more
>favorably than a two year contract when it comes to taking advantage of
>promotions?
>
>Or, should I have not been required to extend my contract, since I
>already had about 18 months left on my two year contract?
>
>Thanks. Tom
January 5, 2005 2:44:40 PM

Sentinel wrote:
> That makes sense to me. Please let me know how it turns out.
>
> On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 07:00:59 -0500, Tom wrote:
>

>>Sentinel wrote:
>>
>>>I have a 2 yr contract that I am about 5 months into so I have about 1
>>>yr and 7 months left. I just called to take advantage of adding these
>>>100 extra minutes and they said that I could not do it. They said that
>>>I would have to renew my contract completely. In other words my
>>>contract would end 2 yrs from today.
>>>I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said the same thing.
>>>

>>I was about six months into a two year contract; to take advantage of
>>the promotion, I had to extend my contract to the full two years. I got
>>the same answer from three different people.
>>
>>I sent the following email to Verizon, but have not received a reply:
>>

>>Recently I called and took advantage of your current promotion for 100
>>extra minutes free with the family share plan. I was told that I would
>>have to extend my contract again for two years from the starting date of
>>the change. Now my contract will end on Jan. 5, 2007.
>>
>>If I understand the contract correctly, each promotion has a minimum
>>required contract period, and in this case it is apparently for a one
>>year contract, since this is the minimum contract period required for a
>>new customer. Since I have about 18 months left on my contract, thus
>>meeting the minimum requirement, why is it required for me to increase
>>my contract period?
>>
>>Presumably, had I had a one year contract and was 364 days into it, I
>>would have had to increase my contract another 364 days - for a new
>>contract period of 1 year.
>>
>>Instead, I have a two year contract, so let's say I was already one year
>>and 364 days into my contract. According to the information your reps
>>have given me, I would need to increase my contract by one year and 364
>>days just because I have a two year contract instead of a one year
>>contract. In other words, I am being penalized for having a longer
>>contract.
>>
>>How does Verizon Wireless justify treating a one year contract more
>>favorably than a two year contract when it comes to taking advantage of
>>promotions?
>>
>>Or, should I have not been required to extend my contract, since I
>>already had about 18 months left on my two year contract?
>>
>>Thanks. Tom

This is the response I received:

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless.

We received your e-mail regarding the end date of your Customer
Agreement, and we are happy to assist you.

Tom you appear to have the concept right; however, to clarify it a
little better think of it in this way:

o First the customer has an option when initially setting up their
service to take a one or two year contract. In general, the customer
opting for the two year contract is getting a higher discount off the
price of the phone being purchased then the customer deciding to take
the one year contract. Obviously, both have advantages depending on the
customer's personal choice. The fact remains when taking a two year
contract you are getting something that the one year contract is not.

o Once your contract has been agreed to i.e. two years, you have the
commitment to complete a full two years and this is with the initial
promotion and contract set-up. However, should you make a change prior
to the expiration of that commitment, you are agreeing to an additional
one or two years beyond your initial contract.

o If the initial two years contract begins on June 7, 2004, it would
expire on June 8, 2006 (based on no promotional changes having taken
place since June 07, 2004). If on January 05, 2005 you decide to change
your existing contract for a different promotion, then you are agreeing
to extend the existing two year contract an additional one, or two years
beyond the date of June 07, 2006. If you add one year to the two years
initially agreed on, you would then have a total of three years, or if
you add two years to an existing two year contract (this is usually in
the case of equipment), you now have four years.

I hope the information I have provided has helped to clarify the
contract extension and change of service a little better. If we can be
of any further assistance, please contact us.

Please remember, as part of our Worry Free Guarantee you will enjoy
America's best, most reliable wireless network. Feel free to contact us
again through www.verizonwireless.com if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Walter
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service

"We never stop working for you!"

The above response is subject to the terms of your Service Agreement and
calling plan, which apply to all lines on your account. Please read
those materials for full details. Our liability is limited. In the
event of a conflict between this response and the terms of your Service
Agreement and calling plan, the terms of your Service Agreement and
calling plan will govern. Verizon Wireless's calling plans, rate areas,
rates, agreement provisions, business practices, procedures and policies
are subject to change as specified in the Service Agreement. If you
should have any questions or concerns regarding your service with
Verizon Wireless, please contact us at 800-922-0204 or e-mail us through
our website at www.verizonwireless.com.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Note the following information taken from the above quote:

[...]

This part below makes no sense whatsoever to me since I was only
required to extend my current contract long enough to once again have a
two year commitment:

". . . If on January 05, 2005 you decide to change your existing
contract for a different promotion, then you are agreeing to extend the
existing two year contract an additional one, or two years beyond the
date of June 07, 2006. If you add one year to the two years initially
agreed on, you would then have a total of three years, or if you add two
years to an existing two year contract (this is usually in the case of
equipment), you now have four years."
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 3:56:38 PM

Tom wrote:

> This is the response I received:
>
> Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless.
>

> o Once your contract has been agreed to i.e. two years, you have the
> commitment to complete a full two years and this is with the initial
> promotion and contract set-up. However, should you make a change
> prior to the expiration of that commitment, you are agreeing to an
> additional one or two years beyond your initial contract.

What?! Either this is new or very wrong. I do not know of any VZW
consumer contract that has an end date more than 2 years from any
given date.

> o If the initial two years contract begins on June 7, 2004, it would
> expire on June 8, 2006 (based on no promotional changes having taken
> place since June 07, 2004). If on January 05, 2005 you decide to
> change your existing contract for a different promotion, then you are
> agreeing to extend the existing two year contract an additional one,
> or two years beyond the date of June 07, 2006. If you add one year
> to the two years initially agreed on, you would then have a total of
> three years, or if you add two years to an existing two year contract
> (this is usually in the case of equipment), you now have four years.

errr... ummm... isn't there a different email address for corporate
offices, executive offices, or something like that? You go to forward
the whole thing to them. Ask for a CLEAR explanation. There is a
lot of ambiguity in the above.

-Quick
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 4:33:06 PM

Yeah that makes no sense at all because even the guy I spoke to said
that I would only have to start fresh today as a new 2 yr agreement.
It seems as though the guy who sent that email knew even less than the
guy I spoke to!

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 11:44:40 -0500, Tom wrote:

> [...]
>beyond the date of June 07, 2006. If you add one year to the two years
>initially agreed on, you would then have a total of three years, or if
>you add two years to an existing two year contract (this is usually in
>the case of equipment), you now have four years."
>
>This part below makes no sense whatsoever to me since I was only
>required to extend my current contract long enough to once again have a
>two year commitment:
>
>". . . If on January 05, 2005 you decide to change your existing
>contract for a different promotion, then you are agreeing to extend the
>existing two year contract an additional one, or two years beyond the
>date of June 07, 2006. If you add one year to the two years initially
>agreed on, you would then have a total of three years, or if you add two
>years to an existing two year contract (this is usually in the case of

January 5, 2005 8:25:17 PM

Quick wrote:
> Tom wrote:
>
>>This is the response I received:
>>
>>Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless.
>>

>>o Once your contract has been agreed to i.e. two years, you have the
>>commitment to complete a full two years and this is with the initial
>>promotion and contract set-up. However, should you make a change
>>prior to the expiration of that commitment, you are agreeing to an
>>additional one or two years beyond your initial contract.
>

> What?! Either this is new or very wrong. I do not know of any VZW
> consumer contract that has an end date more than 2 years from any
> given date.
>

>>o If the initial two years contract begins on June 7, 2004, it would
>>expire on June 8, 2006 (based on no promotional changes having taken
>>place since June 07, 2004). If on January 05, 2005 you decide to
>>change your existing contract for a different promotion, then you are
>>agreeing to extend the existing two year contract an additional one,
>>or two years beyond the date of June 07, 2006. If you add one year
>>to the two years initially agreed on, you would then have a total of
>>three years, or if you add two years to an existing two year contract
>>(this is usually in the case of equipment), you now have four years.
>

> errr... ummm... isn't there a different email address for corporate
> offices, executive offices, or something like that? You go to forward
> the whole thing to them. Ask for a CLEAR explanation. There is a
> lot of ambiguity in the above.
>
> -Quick

Does anyone have an email or postal address for Verizon Corporate
Offices; I have been unable to find anything? I would like to send both
my email and the reply I received that seemed to indicate that I could
end up with a four year contract instead of two by taking advantage of
the current promotion.

Like you said Quick, the email I received just clouds the issue further
if you consider the following information.

The customer agreement says the following: " If at any time you change
your service (by accepting a promotion, for example), you'll be subject
to any requirements, such as a new minimum term, we set for that change."

And the "Worry Free Guarantee" states: "You have the option to change
to any qualifying calling plan or airtime promotion at any time. You
won't pay any additional fees to change plans. Some calling plans
require specific equipment. You become eligible to take advantage of
equipment upgrades at promotional pricing during the last two months of
your contract period. If you are not upgrading equipment within the
final 2 months of your contract, you may have to pay full retail price.
Promotional offers will require an extension of your Customer Agreement."

Based on the above, it does sound like accepting a promotion will
necessitate a contract extension.

But, what I don't understand is why some people have been able to take
advantage of the promo without extending their contract.
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 8:25:18 PM

Tom wrote:

> But, what I don't understand is why some people have been able to take
> advantage of the promo without extending their contract.

I'm on the West Coast. Yesterday I called to change my plan (and
take advantage of the 100 bonus minutes). I can switch to the 2000
AC Family share for the exact same price I am/was paying for the
1500 AC Family share. Plus the 100 bonus minutes = 600 additional
minutes for the same price. I have 3 lines under the family share.

The old plan had unlimited IN for the primary and unlimited
"in family" for the secondary lines. The new plan has unlimited IN
for all lines. The unlimited IN for all lines and the 100 bonus minutes
are promos. The bonus 100 minutes is definitely a promo (doesn't
amount to as much when you get up into the ~2K minutes plans. In
my case the unlimited IN for all lines will help some (I always try to
convince my daughter's friends to get VZW -:) . The 500 minute jump
is significant). Maybe the entire plan is a "promo plan" because of
this. In any event it required a contract extension/commitment.

Each of the 3 lines on my old family share had a different contract
termination date (due to upgrades, when they were added to the
family share, etc.). The primary line is/was a 2 year contract due
to a NE2 phone upgrade. Of the 3 lines the termination date furthest
in the future was 10/05. Another was 6/05. Third was ?
All 3 lines now have a new contract end date of 01/06. All 3 had
to be extended since all 3 were effected by the promos on the
new plan. Certainly all 3 will be able to partake of the shared
bonus 100 minutes which is definitely a promo. All 3 lines
have to have the plan code on them changed to the new plan code
so all 3 have to meet the contract commitment. That turned out
to be 1 year. The CSR didn't ask. She just noted that the new
contract end dates would be extended to 01/06.

The deal about "requires 1yr. or 2yr." contract would apply
to new service. The promo requires a 1yr. committment. If
you were to get new service you might opt to take a 2yr.
contract for the phone price and NE2. You could still get
the bonus minutes with the 2yr. contract.

I do get a corporate discount but this is a personal plan and
I don't think that has anything to do with the above.

-Quick
January 6, 2005 1:18:41 AM

Quick wrote:

> I'm on the West Coast. Yesterday I called to change my plan (and
> take advantage of the 100 bonus minutes). I can switch to the 2000
> AC Family share for the exact same price I am/was paying for the
> 1500 AC Family share. Plus the 100 bonus minutes = 600 additional
> minutes for the same price. I have 3 lines under the family share.

I live on the East Coast (No. Va.) and AC Family only offers 400, 800,
1200, or 2000 minutes which is $99 mo. plus $20 each secondary line.

> The old plan had unlimited IN for the primary and unlimited
> "in family" for the secondary lines. The new plan has unlimited IN
> for all lines.

Same with our promo.

I always try to
> convince my daughter's friends to get VZW -:) .

Good move.

> The deal about "requires 1yr. or 2yr." contract would apply
> to new service. The promo requires a 1yr. committment. If
> you were to get new service you might opt to take a 2yr.
> contract for the phone price and NE2. You could still get
> the bonus minutes with the 2yr. contract.

Thanks. I will just be glad I was able to take advantage of the promo
while only extending our contract for about six months. For the two of
us, the extra 100 minutes is a 25% increase in our minutes, and now I
can also call anyone who has Verizon also (I had the secondary line).

Tom
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 12:44:49 PM

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:25:17 -0500, Tom <tom@cox.net> wrote:
>Does anyone have an email or postal address for Verizon Corporate
>Offices; I have been unable to find anything?

Verizon Wireless
180 Washington Valley Rd
Bedminster, NJ 07921

--
Bob Scheurle | "There's nobody getting
njtbob@X-optonline-X.net | rich writing software."

Bob Scheurle wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:25:17 -0500, Tom <tom@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone have an email or postal address for Verizon Corporate
>>Offices; I have been unable to find anything?
>

> Verizon Wireless
> 180 Washington Valley Rd
> Bedminster, NJ 07921

Thanks Bob.
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 1:31:16 PM

Tom wrote:
> Quick wrote:
>
>> I'm on the West Coast. Yesterday I called to change my plan (and
>> take advantage of the 100 bonus minutes). I can switch to the 2000
>> AC Family share for the exact same price I am/was paying for the
>> 1500 AC Family share. Plus the 100 bonus minutes = 600 additional
>> minutes for the same price. I have 3 lines under the family share.
>
> I live on the East Coast (No. Va.) and AC Family only offers 400, 800,
> 1200, or 2000 minutes which is $99 mo. plus $20 each secondary line.

Same here except we have a 500 available -- you probably just left that
one out. It gets kind of funny when you read the 6,000 plan and they have
the large bold print in the promo column "PLUS 100 BONUS MINUTES
TO SHARE!"... The 1500 AC Family share was from a year or two ago.
Actually, when I got it it was a 1200 + 300 bonus for $99. Back then
the bonus minutes were stepped -- more bonus minutes on larger plans.
Then they converted it on the list of available plans to a 1500 AC Family
share (for a few more bucks?). Its no longer offered (not that anybody
would want it).

-Quick
January 6, 2005 7:22:42 PM

Quick wrote:

>>I live on the East Coast (No. Va.) and AC Family only offers 400, 800,
>>1200, or 2000 minutes which is $99 mo. plus $20 each secondary line.
>

> Same here except we have a 500 available -- you probably just left that
> one out.

I just checked again and we no longer have the 500 minute plan
available, though we did have it recently. I live in zip 22150.

Wow. I just checked an LA zip code (I think it was 90075) and they have
400, 500, 800, 1200, 2000, 3000, 4000, and 6000 minutes available with
the AC family share plan.

Check out zip 22150 to see the difference; it looks like we can only get
a maximum of 2000 minutes a month vs the 6000 in LA.

Tom
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 7:22:43 PM

Tom wrote:
> Quick wrote:
>>
>>> I live on the East Coast (No. Va.) and AC Family only offers 400,
>>> 800, 1200, or 2000 minutes which is $99 mo. plus $20 each secondary
>>> line.
>>

>> Same here except we have a 500 available -- you probably just left
>> that one out.
>
> I just checked again and we no longer have the 500 minute plan
> available, though we did have it recently. I live in zip 22150.
>
> Wow. I just checked an LA zip code (I think it was 90075) and they
> have 400, 500, 800, 1200, 2000, 3000, 4000, and 6000 minutes
> available with the AC family share plan.
>
> Check out zip 22150 to see the difference; it looks like we can only
> get a maximum of 2000 minutes a month vs the 6000 in LA.

O... I just assumed you only listed up to what you were considering.
I guess we talk a bit more out here. -:)

-Quick
January 6, 2005 8:18:20 PM

Quick wrote:

>>Check out zip 22150 to see the difference; it looks like we can only
>>get a maximum of 2000 minutes a month vs the 6000 in LA.
>

> O... I just assumed you only listed up to what you were considering.
> I guess we talk a bit more out here. -:)
>
> -Quick

I am probably not typical of those on the East Coast, but my wife and I
have to look for people to call to even use anywhere near our 400
minutes a month. We mostly talk to each other.

Then again, one of our nieces uses around 2200 minutes a month by
herself (with a non-Verizon company). I won't say anything about women
talking more.

Tom
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 1:30:11 AM

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 16:22:42 -0500, Tom <tom@cox.net> wrote:
>I just checked again and we no longer have the 500 minute plan
>available, though we did have it recently. I live in zip 22150.
>
>Wow. I just checked an LA zip code (I think it was 90075) and they have
>400, 500, 800, 1200, 2000, 3000, 4000, and 6000 minutes available with
>the AC family share plan.
>
>Check out zip 22150 to see the difference; it looks like we can only get
>a maximum of 2000 minutes a month vs the 6000 in LA.

I think you'll find the web site is screwy. I bet you can get those
other plans if you go to a store or call up on the phone.
January 7, 2005 1:30:12 AM

Bob Scheurle wrote:

>>Check out zip 22150 to see the difference; it looks like we can only get
>>a maximum of 2000 minutes a month vs the 6000 in LA.
>

> I think you'll find the web site is screwy. I bet you can get those
> other plans if you go to a store or call up on the phone.

That makes sense to me.

I have never dealt with a company like Verizon where the answer you get
depends on who you talk to and can change from one phone call to
another. When a Verizon product works, life if wonderful. When it
doesn't, it can be a nightmare getting anything fixed, since everyone
seems to have a different answer and no one knows what anyone else is
doing. I base the above comment on my DSL experience (nightmare) with
Verizon.

Tom
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 2:53:14 PM

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 15:56:38 -0500, Quick wrote
(in article <1104958882.770544@sj-nntpcache-3>):

>> o Once your contract has been agreed to i.e. two years, you have the
>> commitment to complete a full two years and this is with the initial
>> promotion and contract set-up. However, should you make a change
>> prior to the expiration of that commitment, you are agreeing to an
>> additional one or two years beyond your initial contract.
>
> What?! Either this is new or very wrong. I do not know of any VZW
> consumer contract that has an end date more than 2 years from any
> given date.

If they did this to me when I extended my contract I'd have dropped them the
first chance I could.

I'm fairly certain that the author of the e-mail is clueless.
!