How many of us are war criminal?

Well, Red Cross is investigating how many gamers killed innocent characters in video games and suggest around 600 million of us are war criminal.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/gaming/six-hundred-million-gamers-could-be-war-criminals-red-cross-says/story-e6frfrt9-1226216184190

I have to confess I killed dozens of innocent characters in MW2 Russian airport scene as well as unintentionally killed several residents in the Brazilian slum. I don't feel proud of the airport killing, but I was working under cover gaining Makarov's trust. And I am terribly sorry about the accidental killing of innocent people which occurred in the slum.

Other than that, I haven't killed any innocent characters in any video games, I think.

How about you? What war crime did you commit?

fjiekie

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
ingame i'm a masochist, dictator, serial-killer,... i've killed hundreds of innocents because it would make the game/mission easier or they were just in my way.

seriously, they are games, sometimes i just want to destroy everything and everyone.
that DOESNT mean that i would ever harm (not kill, just harm) another being, i'm a nice guy in most situations and killing non-targets in a game will not change that...

(btw, i played most GTA-games, most TES-games, ive played carmageddon, ive played halo and killed those poor harmless aliens...)

Well, we are also using lots and lots of unregistered and often illegal weapons in these games. I don't have a license to carry a concealed firearm, yet my character in 007 has one. And all that drug trade we do in GTA, I guess it's time to call the FBI and turn ourselves in.

They just need to make games based on stuff that goes on in the real world. I have some ideas to pitch to EA. "Door Opener", you see how many doors you can open while going to work. "Speed Limit Observer" where you try to drive at exactly the speed limit for 60 minutes while heading to the "Door Opener" game. "Bill Payer Sim" Pay your bills on time or your credit rating will go down and you won't be allowed to buy any new games!

The fun we'll all be having!

sgtpepper500

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Oh my gosh, I am ashamed of myself :cry: . All these days I've been laughing while I gun down innocent civilians in GTA 4 and giggling as I shoved helpless skyrim civilians and animals off cliffs. I will be turning myself in today for my crimes against pixelated humanity. I hope you all will realize your crimes as well! I should of known better...... :pfff:
trololololololololololoooooooooooooo! NONE SHALL LIVE IN SKYRIM AS LONG AS I HAVE BREATH IN MY BODY

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
In all honesty, if I made the same decisions has I have made when playing the Elder Scroll games (for kicks and giggles) then I'd be the worst person to ever inhabit planet earth.

Technically, I'd also be a serial killer (COD).

but...I'd also be a hero (throughout the galaxy "Star Wars").

Also in AOE series, I killed not just the military units but also the citizens. In Rise of Nation, I knowingly use thermal nuclear weapon targeting populous cities. Curse you Red Cross make me feel all guilty and bad!

They sound like games convicts should play for rehab to become a socially responsible and low abiding citizen. Any chance you want to become a jail warden?

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

I loved lemmings!!!

...oh, has anyone played Black & White series??? There's no way you didn't *slap* your pet just for the hell of it... WE ALL DID!!! Discipline!!!

I don't believe in rehab, ship all the criminals to a deserted planet populated by mean aliens.

waspzz

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
I killed a lot but I save my game 1st, then reload after Im satisfied..=)

In terms of morality in games, I always play the Good guy but sometime when I get tired, I save my game 1st then kill every one, from the civilians of GTA IV to my player character in The Sims. After a lot of laughs and satisfaction, I just reload. =)

Kinda hard to be a good guy in GTA 4 since the only way to make money is by committing crime.

The only exception would be the taxicab driver missions, but there are only 10 of them.

waspzz

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010

Well, in GTA you mostly kill Thugs and Hired Guns so I think thats an exception. They had it coming.

You can also just escape the cops except in some missions.

So you can still hava a clear conscience. Your a Good Bad Ass Guy.. :sol: