i would like to know what these files in various C:\Documents and
Settings\"user name"\Local Settings\Temp directories are used for and if they
can be periodically deleted? my computer knowledge is limited and i
apologize if i am not in the correct forum for my question and if the
question is not presented properly.

hi its ok to delete these files but yes keep thm if you use the program
regular but even if you do delete them when you go back on the site dont you
automaticaly get them again i always delete mine as it does slow your
computer down so as long as you no what site to go 2 it doesnt matter realy
does it?........would some one tell if this correct or incorrect

"viking10475@yahoo.com" wrote:

> i would like to know what these files in various C:\Documents and
> Settings\"user name"\Local Settings\Temp directories are used for and if they
> can be periodically deleted? my computer knowledge is limited and i
> apologize if i am not in the correct forum for my question and if the
> question is not presented properly.

peter

It stands for Extensible Markup Language. Many programs use it, it's also
used in RSS Newsfeeds etc. It's nothing dangerous but I wouldn't remove it
as it may be telling a program how to run.

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada,