Lot of time to turn off

My Computer takes a lot of time to turn off compared to other PC's running
Windows XP and also my comp. has slowed down considerably during the period.
I have used Spybot but to no avail. Please help!!!!

Shutdown is very slow - Windows XP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowshutdown.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.