Dumb Question

sfmg54

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2001
Can anybody tell me what plugs into the ISA slots on a mobo
I've searched everywhere and only found that nobody likes them.
Dave

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey S,
Not much anymore. Old sound cards, old video cards, old modems......... old stuff, poor performance, poor transfer speed, drivers are hard to find(if they even work with your O/S).......stay away from at all cost!
Peace Out............tile

WHAT????? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE ROAR OF MY CASE FANS! YOU'LL HAVE TO SCREAM!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Please don't call it a dumb question!! There are never dumb questions. You should never be afraid to ask questions on these forums. We are at your disposal!! :smile:

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah, this one over here is an INSINKERATOR!
Heh
Take-Out

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
i dunno man, my good ol 56k ISA diamond supra express modem was faster than my dads pci winmodem....not to mention, more stable...it would never disconnect, whereas, my dads modem, on the same phoneline would disconnect.
that thing was the best modem i ever had...
just to let you know.
but oh well, my new motheboard doesnt have ISA slots, and i am glad to have only pci slots...because i dont have the isa modem anymore...dsl bay-beeeeeee!
alright, back to fixin computer...enough reminiscKIN! :smile:

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

dhlucke

Polypheme
ISA was 16 bit and they went to 32bit with PCI. There are also 64 bit PCI slots but don't worry about those.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>