Sign in with
Your question

Why buy an xbox controller for pc

Last response: in Video Games
December 8, 2011 8:59:48 PM

Hello, my son has just built a pc and has asked for an xbox controller for pc as a christmas gift. Does this mean he will be able to play his xbox games on the pc, or is it just a way of playing his pc games rather than using the keyboard? thanks from Dummy Mummy

More about : buy xbox controller

December 8, 2011 9:45:22 PM

you cannot play xbox games on pc. it is used as a keyboard replacement, as many people see the keyboard as hard to game on, since it was not originally intended for it.

controllers are more comfortable and you have better reaction time.
December 8, 2011 9:45:41 PM

It allows you to play games with the controller instead of using keyboard yes :) . Xbox games won't work on the PC im afraid.

I have one and love it, just like playing the xbox :) 
Related resources
December 8, 2011 9:50:22 PM

same goes for ps3 games on pc, pc games on xbox/ps3, and any other combination. games only play on their intended consoles, with the exception of maybe Gameboy.
December 8, 2011 9:59:17 PM

Hey thanks everyone, that was really helpful. I was gonna get the xbox wireless controller, so will order it tomorrow. I have a much trickier question, that I don't understand yet, so I shall post again soon. ;) 
December 8, 2011 10:01:14 PM

Oops, not sure if I answered in the right box! That thread above was from me, saying thanks, living up to my name I guess! ;) 
December 9, 2011 12:53:44 PM

Just make sure it's a wireless Xbox controller for windows. They come with a wireless usb adapter that the controller connects to.

People have found that the xbox controllers make GREAT gamepads on the PC. I believe it maps all the buttons for you on all made for windows games. My work buddy has an xbox and PC that he plays on the same display. He bought Batman Arkham City for PC and uses an xbox controller. He said it looks several times better than on xbox. It makes gaming much easier for certain games than a keyboard and mouse. Especially 3rd person, flight, and racing games.
December 10, 2011 12:59:06 PM

jay2tall said:
Just make sure it's a wireless Xbox controller for windows. They come with a wireless usb adapter that the controller connects to.

People have found that the xbox controllers make GREAT gamepads on the PC. I believe it maps all the buttons for you on all made for windows games. My work buddy has an xbox and PC that he plays on the same display. He bought Batman Arkham City for PC and uses an xbox controller. He said it looks several times better than on xbox. It makes gaming much easier for certain games than a keyboard and mouse. Especially 3rd person, flight, and racing games.

And dont forget sports games. best way to play sports is by using a game pad. Games like 2k12 or fifa 12. If you have extra cash, purchase another one so that you can play 2 players games that most pc sports game support. Some games even let you use the keyboard along with 2 gamepads, 3 players on 1 PC.. :sol: 
December 11, 2011 1:57:42 AM

Dummy Mummy said:
Hello, my son has just built a pc and has asked for an xbox controller for pc as a christmas gift. Does this mean he will be able to play his xbox games on the pc, or is it just a way of playing his pc games rather than using the keyboard? thanks from Dummy Mummy

xbox controllers are great if you have a hard time like me using the keyboard and mouse to game. i would suggest though just get a wired xbox 360 controller because its cheaper
December 12, 2011 2:20:49 PM

athornfam2 said:
xbox controllers are great if you have a hard time like me using the keyboard and mouse to game. i would suggest though just get a wired xbox 360 controller because its cheaper

I totally agree, the tron wired controller for xbox 360 is perfect for PC and the console itself. I'm using it myself and it's doing its job. :-)
!