Your question
Closed

Fallout 3 FPS drops after 20 to 30 min play time [URGENT]

Last response: in Video Games
December 8, 2011 9:21:34 PM

Hello, i've owned fallout 3 before and got great FPS, however that

steam account got corrupted so bought it again on another
account and now after 20 to 30 min playtime it starts
to lag badly :heink:  then it gets so bad the keys don't register and it becomes
unplayable and i have to kill it in task manager.
also sometimes it lags so bad
it starts to have effects on sound.
:( 
Please help its rely annoying :fou:  i have a good system and it runs
other games well and it ran fallout 3 well before

my specs are:

CPU: intel core i5 CPU

Model: dell studio 1558

GPU: ATI mobility radeon HD 5000 series

RAM: 4GB

HDD: 451 GB

im able to run TES IV without lag at all please help me! BTW its a beastly laptop :D 

you will be this cool if you help me: :sol:  :sol:  :sol:  :sol:  :sol: 

[EDIT] I have vsync off and it doesn't matter what graphics settings i'm on its all the same low med high or ultra also im not wanting to do a re install at all because my guy is very high level and has allot of stuff
(if it helps the game automatically put me on high so i changed it to medium)
December 9, 2011 1:46:06 AM

Monitor your temps whilst gaming. Ensure that they are not getting dangerously high.

I also suggest re-installing the game and updating to the latest driver and game version if you have not already.
December 9, 2011 5:52:47 PM

DoomsWord89 said:
Monitor your temps whilst gaming. Ensure that they are not getting dangerously high.

I also suggest re-installing the game and updating to the latest driver and game version if you have not already.

Thnx for your help :wahoo:  but i have a few questions what are temps :heink:  and does re-installing the game get rid of my kick-ass power armor save :??:  because i don't rely want to loose it
Related resources

Best solution

December 9, 2011 6:20:19 PM

+1 check temperatures, speedfan can do it, i suspect its getting too hot and throttling. don't reinstall game. try updating drivers.
if yo udo reinstall the game find your save files and copy them elswhere and then move them back once reinstalled.
December 9, 2011 6:35:08 PM

13thmonkey said:
+1 check temperatures, speedfan can do it, i suspect its getting too hot and throttling. don't reinstall game. try updating drivers.
if yo udo reinstall the game find your save files and copy them elswhere and then move them back once reinstalled.

Thanks a lot :D  :D  YOU SAVED FALLOUT 3 so if my temp's are too high can speed fan boost the speed of my fan lol

You are this cool: :sol:  :sol:  :sol:  :sol:  :sol:  :sol: 

i might make you best answer once i try this!
December 13, 2011 12:53:04 AM

i fixed the lag and found a way to cool down my laptop THANKS A LOT MAN I OWE YOU FALLOUT 3 AND COOKIES

BEST ANSWER EVER!
December 13, 2011 12:53:34 AM

Best answer selected by Cuptheyoutuber.
!