PS3 controller on PC bug fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

6_5x47lapua

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Hi, i linked up my PS3 controller using 3rd party drivers to my PC for gaming.

all buttons work fine, including D-pad.

however, the analog sticks will not work.

there is not a place in the calibration sequence for sticks, it would appear that they cant be used. but i have seen them used on multiple games, I have tried it on Portal 2 and Black ops, same problem for both. i have seen it being done on both games so I know its possible.

can anyone recommend a bug fix?

thanks in advance!

Solution
thumb sticks have to be configured as joysticks in game controllers (control panel IIRC)

plus the 3rd party adapter you got and its drivers supposed to support them first, if they don't the pc won't even see the inputs

on a side note, if you're new to PC gaming, you should learn to play fps games on mouse + keyboard
thumb sticks have to be configured as joysticks in game controllers (control panel IIRC)

plus the 3rd party adapter you got and its drivers supposed to support them first, if they don't the pc won't even see the inputs

on a side note, if you're new to PC gaming, you should learn to play fps games on mouse + keyboard

Solution

6_5x47lapua

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
i see, thank you. i do use keyboard and mouse some, but dont like it much personally. on the other hand, i have over 60 days of muscle-log time in with a ps3 controller, so it is much more natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.