chkdsk /f: (doesn't run) won't let me defragment

I have been trying to defragment and a window pops up saying I have a check
disk command scheduled for volume :(C) and CHKDSK will run when restarted.
It never runs!! I have gone into command and it says it is already scheduled.
have tried system restore and there is no Restore Point. I have Error
Check...nothing.Any ideas?!

Have you rebooted?

You have to reboot in order for chkdisk.exe to run.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User