chkdsk /f: (doesn't run) won't let me defragment

I have been trying to defragment and a window pops up saying I have a check
disk command scheduled for volume :(C) and CHKDSK will run when restarted.
It never runs!! I have gone into command and it says it is already scheduled.
have tried system restore and there is no Restore Point. I have Error
Check...nothing.Any ideas?!
1 answer Last reply
More about chkdsk doesn defragment

    Have you rebooted?

    You have to reboot in order for chkdisk.exe to run.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:9D754E5B-DB29-4CC1-B6A5-7A759F8C082B@microsoft.com,
    Hollyn <Hollyn@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I have been trying to defragment and a window pops up saying I have a
    > check disk command scheduled for volume :(C) and CHKDSK will run
    > when restarted. It never runs!! I have gone into command and it says
    > it is already scheduled. have tried system restore and there is no
    > Restore Point. I have Error Check...nothing.Any ideas?!

Chkdsk Defragment Command Prompt Windows XP