HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
Hey everyone...
well, i have a bit of a situation here.
i am helping my friend by fixing his computer.
the thing is, i had to reformat, and reinstall windows due to some problems.
the board has no identifying markings on it, other than the chipset, and the board layout.
well here is the description of the motherboard as far as i can tell....if you need more info, ask me....and i will do my best to get it or you.

it has the SIS 530 northbridge, and the SIS 5595 (AGP 8M) south bridge. it has two pci slots, onboard lan (davicom DM9102F chip), riser card for the port) riser card for the modem. 3 dimm slots, socket7, has a k62-400 in it. it is micro atx with 2 usb ports, onboard video/sound(SOUND PROmr HT8738AM/PCI)/com ports, the works.
it is ami bios, but the chip itself, has this sticker on it that says Y2K(with a thumbs up on it) and right next to that, on the same sticker, it says BURN-IN 24HR.
the thing is, i need to know the pins for the power switch, and the likes, and i need to know who made it!!!!!!
that is the big thing.
i cannot find out for the life of me.
geeze...
any help would be great...because i would like to be done with this, because i have THREE more old computers lined up behind this one, and i already finished one...but want to get this one done....HARDCORE STYLE.....
thanks in advance...for any help.

oh, one more chip that might help...
there is a chip in the middle of the board...made by winbond....
the W83194R-37
dont know if that helps...but it might.
again, thanks for help....

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
I can't help, sorry. Where is everybody? Only strangers around.

<font color=blue>Remember.... You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
eh, dont worry about it...
because i am sure that someone will know.
someone has to know.
this cant be the only motherboard that was made by whoever made this thing.
geeze.
i just cant believe that someone would not be glad to put their name on this board...it isnt THAT bad.
i mean, it has usb, ide, 2 pci, 1 isa, onboard lan...heh...it isnt that great, but still....you would think that there is some sort of way to id this thing....so that i can download a manual, drivers, and so on...so that this thing can be DONE!!!!!
heh.
but yeah, seems like no one is on..what gives?

-DAvid

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
Well, do they know about something going on we don't.

<font color=blue>Remember.... You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
If all else fails take it door to door in Silicon Valley. Maybe somebody will see something they recognize.

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
heh..that last post was to the one about something going on...
hehe...but i dont think that i would really want to drive a few hours just to figure out which motherboard this is.
hehe...but it would be funny...
here is what i would say:
"hello, i would like to know if you are the company who manufactured this fine motherboard...heh, hehe, hehahaha, heheheahahahahahehehahehahae.....HAhAhAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!"
:wink:

-DAvid

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
That would be cool. Don't forget to tuck a teddy bear under the other arm.

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
got it from motherboards.org....
thanks for the idea!
hope it fits on a floppy, because as of now...this thing is not able to go on network, dialup, or any other form or transferring....the only way i would be able to get something there, for a trial and error, would be to move the hard drive to my computer.
but i dont want to deal with that.
alright, thanx crashman.
hope this works!
and that i can find who the hell made this thing!
:smile:

-DAvid

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
If all else fails, always assume PCChips.

This <A HREF="http://www.pcchips.com.tw/M599LMR.html" target="_new">M599LMR</A> sounds similar to what you're describing.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
As you might know, that chip that you described by Winbond is the clock generator for Pentium, Pentium Pro, Pentium II, AMD and Cyrix CPUs with I2C. <A HREF="http://www.winbond.com/PDF/sheet/w83194r3758.pdf" target="_new"> Windbond Preliminary W83194R-37/-58 Documentation </A>

I shall still look for the board for you...

Happy hunting

<b>All for one and one for all...and 3 for 5! - Curly - The Three Stooges</b> :lol:

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
I think jlanka is on to it. Try <A HREF="http://www.sybercom.com/download.html#mb" target="_new"> this</A> to see the same configuration as you describe along with other boards. It is a driver page for a couple of different boards. The board is described as <A HREF="http://www.pcchips.com.tw/M598LMR.html" target="_new"> MB598LMR</A> or the <A HREF="http://www.pcchips.com.tw/M599LMR.html" target="_new"> MB599LMR</A>. My quess is either one is your board.

<b>All for one and one for all...and 3 for 5! - Curly - The Three Stooges</b> :lol:

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
if all else fails find the sticker or etching on the pcb with the FCC number on it and put that number into the Google.com search engine

Lagger

<b><font color=blue>Computers run on smoke, I let the smoke out of mine and it quit working </b> </font color=blue>

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
well, i figured it out....
found this PCCHIPS motherboard id, which you put in its configuration information....and it tells you what it could be, and then you compare to a picture, and you figure out which is is.
it is the pcchips MB599LMR.
and what sucks, there is no etching of the fcc id on it.
i was looking for that, because i knew i would be able to figure it out then.
well, now i have that computer up and running...and ready to be picked up.
damn pcchips....why didnt they label the damn thing??
hehe...
anyways...thanks for the help everyone! THG is great!

-DAvid