MoBo for Athlon 650 Slot

G

I have an old Slot A 650 Althlon K7, problem is i don't know what to get for my motherboard. I'm going to be using it as an extra gaming machine so i'll prolly end up throwing in a high end GeForce2 or a Lower cost GeForce3. I would like to overclock it as well if at all possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ein

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey E,
I don't have any solutions, but I would like to ask you to reconsider using a Slot A for gaming. Most mobos only support ATA 66 and 2x AGP, I believe you would be better off getting a whole new system and taking a loss on your spare Slot A 650 Athlon CPU. Just my take if you were going through the trouble of building a system and all you have is the CPU. Good Luck!
Peace Out..............tile

WHAT????? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE ROAR OF MY CASE FANS! YOU'LL HAVE TO SCREAM!

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Is that is all u have is a CPU? Let it go. Not to many places carry mobo or Slot A CPU, so it's not which one should you get, but which one can you find? If you find one with a 750 or 751 chip on it that's pretty old.
They came out with Slot A ThunderBird CPU which there is a support problem over 800, keep that in mind it you decide to upgrade the CPU in the future.

defrage is child's play-fdisk