Keys malfunction

Hi folks,
My girlfriend's keyboard has been having some kind of malfunction. When she
types letters like R, M, E, etc, the Run window appears, or the active
windows minimizes, or Windows Explorer appears, like if she typed a shortcut.
Recently I tried to help her, and by just pressing the Win key + some of
these letters (on that case, E), it started working correctly, but now the
same problem started again....
I can't remember anywhere to configure anything like this... what could have
done it?? (Her wonderful blinking Incredimail????)

Thanks in advance,
Airton

It sounds like the Windows key is stuck or intermittently stuck.

Windows key shortcuts:

Windows key Display or hide the Start menu.
Windows key + BREAK Display the System Properties dialog box.
Windows key + D Show the desktop.
Windows key + M Minimize all windows.
Windows key + Shift+M Restores minimized windows.
Windows key + E Open My Computer.
Windows key + F Search for a file or folder.
Windows key + CTRL+ +F Search for computers.
Windows key + F1 Display Windows Help.
Windows key + L Lock your computer if you are connected to a network domain,
or switch users if you are not connected to a
network domain.
Windows key + R Open the Run dialog box.
Windows key + U Open Utility Manager.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:483C116E-0946-43FE-BAB1-3BCB7A4B6F76@microsoft.com,
Airton <Airton@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi folks,
> My girlfriend's keyboard has been having some kind of malfunction.
> When she types letters like R, M, E, etc, the Run window appears, or
> the active windows minimizes, or Windows Explorer appears, like if
> she typed a shortcut. Recently I tried to help her, and by just
> pressing the Win key + some of these letters (on that case, E), it
> started working correctly, but now the same problem started again....
> I can't remember anywhere to configure anything like this... what
> could have done it?? (Her wonderful blinking Incredimail????)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Airton

Hi
Well, I also think she somehow made the shortcut keys stuck. The problem is,
whenever she just types, for example, letter R (and not Win + R), the run
dialog appears. I'd like to know why this is happening and how to fix it, if
there's some place I can do it. As I said, The first time it started doing
this, I logged as an Administrator and by just pressing Win + E (to open
explorer) the problem stopped (she could type just E and nothing would
happen).

Let me know if I'm not being too clear or any other info...
Thanks again folks :)
Airton

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> It sounds like the Windows key is stuck or intermittently stuck.
>
> Windows key shortcuts:
>
> Windows key Display or hide the Start menu.
> Windows key + BREAK Display the System Properties dialog box.
> Windows key + D Show the desktop.
> Windows key + M Minimize all windows.
> Windows key + Shift+M Restores minimized windows.
> Windows key + E Open My Computer.
> Windows key + F Search for a file or folder.
> Windows key + CTRL+ +F Search for computers.
> Windows key + F1 Display Windows Help.
> Windows key + L Lock your computer if you are connected to a network domain,
> or switch users if you are not connected to a
> network domain.
> Windows key + R Open the Run dialog box.
> Windows key + U Open Utility Manager.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

Actually there are two Windows keys.

When you pressed Win key + E, I'm guessing that by your pressing the Win
key, you unstuck it.

How to Clean a Computer Keyboard
http://www.ehow.com/how_2026_clean-computer-keyboard.html

Keys that stick eHow Friend
For a stubborn key that sticks: Pop the key off from the keyboard and place
a small amount of Petrolium Jelly inside the key where it attaches to the
keyboard. Blow any dust out of the keyboard before reattaching the key.

What's the best way to clean a keyboard?
http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20040112.html

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:AB47BB27-2E87-4417-91F0-2C468DD67A07@microsoft.com,
Airton <Airton@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi
> Well, I also think she somehow made the shortcut keys stuck. The
> problem is, whenever she just types, for example, letter R (and not
> Win + R), the run dialog appears. I'd like to know why this is
> happening and how to fix it, if there's some place I can do it. As I
> said, The first time it started doing this, I logged as an
> Administrator and by just pressing Win + E (to open explorer) the
> problem stopped (she could type just E and nothing would happen).
>
> Let me know if I'm not being too clear or any other info...
> Thanks again folks :)
> Airton
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> It sounds like the Windows key is stuck or intermittently stuck.
>>
>> Windows key shortcuts:
>>
>> Windows key Display or hide the Start menu.
>> Windows key + BREAK Display the System Properties dialog box.
>> Windows key + D Show the desktop.
>> Windows key + M Minimize all windows.
>> Windows key + Shift+M Restores minimized windows.
>> Windows key + E Open My Computer.
>> Windows key + F Search for a file or folder.
>> Windows key + CTRL+ +F Search for computers.
>> Windows key + F1 Display Windows Help.
>> Windows key + L Lock your computer if you are connected to a network
>> domain, or switch users if you are not
>> connected to a network domain.
>> Windows key + R Open the Run dialog box.
>> Windows key + U Open Utility Manager.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

I'll try both win keys, although she uses only the left one...
Now, one more thing, last time she turned on the PC and tried typing a
letter in Word, she pressed M and the system crashed. Cool uh? :D
I'll scan her entire HD for viruses and reinstall her keyboard to try to fix
it. But if you, or anyone has some idea, please let me know.

Thanks Wesley, I'll write again if the problem persists.
Airton

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Actually there are two Windows keys.
>
> When you pressed Win key + E, I'm guessing that by your pressing the Win
> key, you unstuck it.
>
> How to Clean a Computer Keyboard
> http://www.ehow.com/how_2026_clean-computer-keyboard.html
>
> Keys that stick eHow Friend
> For a stubborn key that sticks: Pop the key off from the keyboard and place
> a small amount of Petrolium Jelly inside the key where it attaches to the
> keyboard. Blow any dust out of the keyboard before reattaching the key.
>
> What's the best way to clean a keyboard?
> http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20040112.html
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:AB47BB27-2E87-4417-91F0-2C468DD67A07@microsoft.com,
> Airton <Airton@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Hi
> > Well, I also think she somehow made the shortcut keys stuck. The
> > problem is, whenever she just types, for example, letter R (and not
> > Win + R), the run dialog appears. I'd like to know why this is
> > happening and how to fix it, if there's some place I can do it. As I
> > said, The first time it started doing this, I logged as an
> > Administrator and by just pressing Win + E (to open explorer) the
> > problem stopped (she could type just E and nothing would happen).
> >
> > Let me know if I'm not being too clear or any other info...
> > Thanks again folks :)
> > Airton
> >
> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
> >
> >> It sounds like the Windows key is stuck or intermittently stuck.
> >>
> >> Windows key shortcuts:
> >>
> >> Windows key Display or hide the Start menu.
> >> Windows key + BREAK Display the System Properties dialog box.
> >> Windows key + D Show the desktop.
> >> Windows key + M Minimize all windows.
> >> Windows key + Shift+M Restores minimized windows.
> >> Windows key + E Open My Computer.
> >> Windows key + F Search for a file or folder.
> >> Windows key + CTRL+ +F Search for computers.
> >> Windows key + F1 Display Windows Help.
> >> Windows key + L Lock your computer if you are connected to a network
> >> domain, or switch users if you are not
> >> connected to a network domain.
> >> Windows key + R Open the Run dialog box.
> >> Windows key + U Open Utility Manager.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >>
> >> Wes
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

aaaaa_76

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011

Hi folks,
My girlfriend's keyboard has been having some kind of malfunction. When she
types letters like R, M, E, etc, the Run window appears, or the active
windows minimizes, or Windows Explorer appears, like if she typed a shortcut.
Recently I tried to help her, and by just pressing the Win key + some of
these letters (on that case, E), it started working correctly, but now the
same problem started again....
I can't remember anywhere to configure anything like this... what could have
done it?? (Her wonderful blinking Incredimail????)

Thanks in advance,
Airton
--

I am having the same problem but even if I remote desktop in the keyboard won't type those letters and I can't do my job....no settings have been changed since I went home last night. Gremblins??

TRENDING THREADS