  • Registry
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
February 5, 2005 3:30:23 PM

I get this message on startup all of a sudden

"cannot find RESOURCE DLL." it is not resource.dll!

I looked at the Registry and cannot find anything there. Nothing in the
Startup under MSCONFIG either.

Nothing that I looked for under Google.

Any ideas?

More about : find resource dll

Anonymous
February 5, 2005 3:30:24 PM

Crystal Reports (Visual dBASE 5.x) Cannot Find Resource DLL
http://www.dbase.com/Knowledgebase/faq/crystal_cannot_f...

Resource DLL
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:ErSdndBsP6IDn5jfRVn-rg@comcast.com,
Ritter197 <Ritter197@Comcast.net> hunted and pecked:
> I get this message on startup all of a sudden
>
> "cannot find RESOURCE DLL." it is not resource.dll!
>
> I looked at the Registry and cannot find anything there. Nothing in
> the Startup under MSCONFIG either.
>
> Nothing that I looked for under Google.
>
> Any ideas?
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 12:12:08 AM

I had looked at both before posting in this newsgroup.

I have nothing on my system with "crystal" and therefore do not believe the
first hyperlink is pertinent.

The second one in MS I had also looked at but it is totally over my head.

> Crystal Reports (Visual dBASE 5.x) Cannot Find Resource DLL
> http://www.dbase.com/Knowledgebase/faq/crystal_cannot_f...
>
> Resource DLL
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:ErSdndBsP6IDn5jfRVn-rg@comcast.com,
> Ritter197 <Ritter197@Comcast.net> hunted and pecked:
>> I get this message on startup all of a sudden
>>
>> "cannot find RESOURCE DLL." it is not resource.dll!
>>
>> I looked at the Registry and cannot find anything there. Nothing in
>> the Startup under MSCONFIG either.
>>
>> Nothing that I looked for under Google.
>>
>> Any ideas?

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 4:28:15 PM

Crystal Reports is distributed with a large number of other products, incl MSs. Did you look in event viewer. Are all your programs in msconfig actually working. Take the command lines from msconfig and paste into Start Run to see which entry is causing the error.

http://www.uscricket.com

!