Cannot find RESOURCE DLL.

I get this message on startup all of a sudden

"cannot find RESOURCE DLL." it is not resource.dll!

I looked at the Registry and cannot find anything there. Nothing in the
Startup under MSCONFIG either.

Nothing that I looked for under Google.

Any ideas?
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot find resource

    Crystal Reports (Visual dBASE 5.x) Cannot Find Resource DLL
    http://www.dbase.com/Knowledgebase/faq/crystal_cannot_find_resource_dll.htm

    Resource DLL
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/mscs/mscs/resource_dlls.asp

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:ErSdndBsP6IDn5jfRVn-rg@comcast.com,
    Ritter197 <Ritter197@Comcast.net> hunted and pecked:
    > I get this message on startup all of a sudden
    >
    > "cannot find RESOURCE DLL." it is not resource.dll!
    >
    > I looked at the Registry and cannot find anything there. Nothing in
    > the Startup under MSCONFIG either.
    >
    > Nothing that I looked for under Google.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    I had looked at both before posting in this newsgroup.

    I have nothing on my system with "crystal" and therefore do not believe the
    first hyperlink is pertinent.

    The second one in MS I had also looked at but it is totally over my head.

    > Crystal Reports (Visual dBASE 5.x) Cannot Find Resource DLL
    > http://www.dbase.com/Knowledgebase/faq/crystal_cannot_find_resource_dll.htm
    >
    > Resource DLL
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/mscs/mscs/resource_dlls.asp
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:ErSdndBsP6IDn5jfRVn-rg@comcast.com,
    > Ritter197 <Ritter197@Comcast.net> hunted and pecked:
    >> I get this message on startup all of a sudden
    >>
    >> "cannot find RESOURCE DLL." it is not resource.dll!
    >>
    >> I looked at the Registry and cannot find anything there. Nothing in
    >> the Startup under MSCONFIG either.
    >>
    >> Nothing that I looked for under Google.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    Crystal Reports is distributed with a large number of other products, incl MSs. Did you look in event viewer. Are all your programs in msconfig actually working. Take the command lines from msconfig and paste into Start Run to see which entry is causing the error.

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message news:CuydnTuBS-Rk4ZjfRVn-jQ@comcast.com...
    >I had looked at both before posting in this newsgroup.
    >
    > I have nothing on my system with "crystal" and therefore do not believe the
    > first hyperlink is pertinent.
    >
    > The second one in MS I had also looked at but it is totally over my head.

    >> Crystal Reports (Visual dBASE 5.x) Cannot Find Resource DLL
    >> http://www.dbase.com/Knowledgebase/faq/crystal_cannot_find_resource_dll.htm
    >>
    >> Resource DLL
    >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/mscs/mscs/resource_dlls.asp
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:ErSdndBsP6IDn5jfRVn-rg@comcast.com,
    >> Ritter197 <Ritter197@Comcast.net> hunted and pecked:
    >>> I get this message on startup all of a sudden
    >>>
    >>> "cannot find RESOURCE DLL." it is not resource.dll!
    >>>
    >>> I looked at the Registry and cannot find anything there. Nothing in
    >>> the Startup under MSCONFIG either.
    >>>
    >>> Nothing that I looked for under Google.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?

DLL Registry Microsoft Windows XP