dylanpc

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
Alright guys so I am running bf3 on my new system at 45 - 60 frames per second. There are sometimes large spikes which annoy the heck out of me, and i heard that some solutions are to either 1. download an fps limiter and limit the fps to 30 or 60, but i cant find one that supports dx11 only one that supports 8 or 9 and bf3 doesnt support 9. 2. limit the monitor refresh rate to 59hz, and i cant find a program that would let me do that. Could anyone make suggestions on what i should do? thanks.

What are your system specs?

Make sure you turn off Anti Aliasing Deffered OFF. That is a real killer. You can also try setting the graphics to Auto, I've had really good luck with that and seems to work well for quite a few people. The game has points where it really churns your graphics card and turning back the settings so you have some "reserve power" is always a good idea. People are trying to top out their settings and when the action gets rough it starts bogging down.

dylanpc

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
Thanks guys.
i7 2600k
sapphire hd radeon 6950 2gb
8gb corsair vengeance
and a 60 hz monitor...
should i be getting higher than 45 - 60 fps? it seems to mostly be 45 - 50 in open areas but i feel li9ke my system could do better than that..